“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
belgaum
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights and overall the stay was pretty good. the hotel is very near to manhattan . The staff was good and only problem was that breakfast menu was limited and also same on all 8 days, so it became boring

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

It was very great. I enjoyed the trip. The staff was really very helpful. The facility was the same as mentioned itinery. The hotel location was great and approachable by all means. Train also. I reach there by flight. The airport was also very near.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Comfortable hotel. Had a room with 2 double beds, enough space, but not a massive room. View not great as mentioned previously its scap yards. Area not the prettiest, but no problems experienced. Close to 2 subways Queens Plaza and Queensborough Plaza, so brilliant for getting out and about in New York! Bought a 7 day unlimited pass for $31 it was great value for me, and was even able to be used on the Roosevelt island tram. Staff very helpful. Breakfast basic, but I booked the hotel for location not the breakfast. Perfect for our needs, great to be able to get away from all the people and return to our quiet hotel and rest after a busy day site seeing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in the end of September. $180/night including tax.
Our room(#410) was a doubled room and it was a smallest one we've ever stayed in NYC. The room smelled moldy and the TV reception was not good. The room was facing to scrappy dumps as everyone mentioned and it was bit noisy since the window was not sealed properly. WiFi didnt work on the first day, but it went well from next day. Complimentary breakfast was good, but it could be much better if they serve some different items at least. Always crowded since there were only 4 tables available.
Most of the staffs were friendly and helpful and the location was good to access to Manhattan.
A couple of minutes on foot from Queensboro Plaza Stn. and only 1 stop to Manhattan(59th Street).
Overall, it was a reasonable hotel for what we paid for but we are dissapointed that both the hotel nor Choice customer service haven't responded to our inquiry sent after the check out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here overnight when I was in town for Business. I arrived at ten pm and the front desk staff was very helpful. I asked them to direct me to nearby parking as I knew they had limited spaces. The young man led me out side and instructed me to park in his spot right next door. He also assured me I could leave my car there until I was done with my meeting the next day. Saved a bundle in parking fees! Since they had no room service, they showed me to a corner store across the street with great sandwiches and essentials. The room was clean and well appointed, if small. My window overlooked the scrap yard next lot over, but I wasn't there for the view. When my TV wouldn't turn on, someone came right up and set it right. The bedding was top notch, plenty of
pillows. Breakfast the next morning was simple yet serviceable. Located one block from the subway makes it convenient. Excellent value for the price in the big apple!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We go to NYC about twice a month and have stayed at many hotels in Long Island City, which offer a great value compared to most Manhattan lodgings. On the plus side, this hotel had what might be the nicest breakfast of any hotel in LIC we have tried yet, mostly by virtue of the availability of mini croissants (along with standard, pre-made omelets and sausages) and the fact that breakfast is available there until 11 a.m. (Most hotels seem to stop service at 10, which is too early for a weekend, if you ask us.) Also, the king bed we had here was notably comfortable. Unfortunately, the area in which the hotel is located, while within a block of the Queensborough Plaza subway stop, is very industrial, run-down, and not at all appealing, but that’s true for most LIC hotels. On the downside were two issues: 1) The room was the smallest we have encountered yet in any LIC hotel. And 2) our room overlooked an enormous heap of scrap metal. Not attractive to see out your window when you wake up! The front-desk clerk said that there will be new condos going up in its place, though, so stay tuned! In the end, we got a dirt-cheap price, and we were barely in the room, anyway. So we might very well return again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!