“UNFORGETABLE EXPERIENCE” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Doha, Qatar
“UNFORGETABLE EXPERIENCE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

It was very great. I enjoyed the trip. The staff was really very helpful. The facility was the same as mentioned itinery. The hotel location was great and approachable by all means. Train also. I reach there by flight. The airport was also very near.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

440 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Comfortable hotel. Had a room with 2 double beds, enough space, but not a massive room. View not great as mentioned previously its scap yards. Area not the prettiest, but no problems experienced. Close to 2 subways Queens Plaza and Queensborough Plaza, so brilliant for getting out and about in New York! Bought a 7 day unlimited pass for $31 it was great value for me, and was even able to be used on the Roosevelt island tram. Staff very helpful. Breakfast basic, but I booked the hotel for location not the breakfast. Perfect for our needs, great to be able to get away from all the people and return to our quiet hotel and rest after a busy day site seeing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in the end of September. $180/night including tax.
Our room(#410) was a doubled room and it was a smallest one we've ever stayed in NYC. The room smelled moldy and the TV reception was not good. The room was facing to scrappy dumps as everyone mentioned and it was bit noisy since the window was not sealed properly. WiFi didnt work on the first day, but it went well from next day. Complimentary breakfast was good, but it could be much better if they serve some different items at least. Always crowded since there were only 4 tables available.
Most of the staffs were friendly and helpful and the location was good to access to Manhattan.
A couple of minutes on foot from Queensboro Plaza Stn. and only 1 stop to Manhattan(59th Street).
Overall, it was a reasonable hotel for what we paid for but we are dissapointed that both the hotel nor Choice customer service haven't responded to our inquiry sent after the check out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here overnight when I was in town for Business. I arrived at ten pm and the front desk staff was very helpful. I asked them to direct me to nearby parking as I knew they had limited spaces. The young man led me out side and instructed me to park in his spot right next door. He also assured me I could leave my car there until I was done with my meeting the next day. Saved a bundle in parking fees! Since they had no room service, they showed me to a corner store across the street with great sandwiches and essentials. The room was clean and well appointed, if small. My window overlooked the scrap yard next lot over, but I wasn't there for the view. When my TV wouldn't turn on, someone came right up and set it right. The bedding was top notch, plenty of
pillows. Breakfast the next morning was simple yet serviceable. Located one block from the subway makes it convenient. Excellent value for the price in the big apple!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We go to NYC about twice a month and have stayed at many hotels in Long Island City, which offer a great value compared to most Manhattan lodgings. On the plus side, this hotel had what might be the nicest breakfast of any hotel in LIC we have tried yet, mostly by virtue of the availability of mini croissants (along with standard, pre-made omelets and sausages) and the fact that breakfast is available there until 11 a.m. (Most hotels seem to stop service at 10, which is too early for a weekend, if you ask us.) Also, the king bed we had here was notably comfortable. Unfortunately, the area in which the hotel is located, while within a block of the Queensborough Plaza subway stop, is very industrial, run-down, and not at all appealing, but that’s true for most LIC hotels. On the downside were two issues: 1) The room was the smallest we have encountered yet in any LIC hotel. And 2) our room overlooked an enormous heap of scrap metal. Not attractive to see out your window when you wake up! The front-desk clerk said that there will be new condos going up in its place, though, so stay tuned! In the end, we got a dirt-cheap price, and we were barely in the room, anyway. So we might very well return again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Long Island City from the 1st of September 2013 to the 12th of September 2013 in room 807. On the 4th morning I woke from my sleep due to some itching bites on my legs. I thought it might be mosquito bites and did not think more of it. The following morning I woke by having being bitten a lot more and I remembered reading an article about bed bugs and cities like New York. So I started looking through the sheets...and to my horror I found one. I took a photo of it and killed it. I went down to reception and presented the bloody napkin and photo. They just looked at me like it was nothing and after a long discussion about the creatures all they could offer me was to send my clothes to be washed and me to change room. So I did and moved into room 407. I tried explaining to the reception that if the clothes/shoes I was wearing or my handbag was infected it would move the bugs to the new room. Again they looked at me as they had done everything they could do. So I left my suitcase and shoes (that I wasn't wearing) in the old room for an inspection by the pest guys. I however don't think that they ever called a bed bug company as the scheduled time kept changing (getting closer to my departure) and they would not give me the name of the company or a website or phone number so I could call them and talk about what precautions I should take. So I spend the entire day reading about what to do and I think I have done everything I could do when going home, but now I woke up this morning to several more bites. I hate this and it is no joke...now I have a hard time sleeping and have to arrange for a pest control company to come and that is expensive, time consuming and just a plain pain in the [--]. I am so mad with the hotel and their ignorant way to discard my concerns and not giving me any chance to try and prevent the bugs from hitching a ride with me. I even called Choice Hotel main phone number to get their help in the matter, but all they said they could do was try to facilitate communication between the hotel and me, but the guy at the other end would only call them once and just said that if the hotel did not want to give me any information about the pest company there was nothing he could do. So I wonder what it is it the hotline can help with....because facilitating communication is definitely not very helpful when it is not done and you as a paying guest is in a very uncomfortable situation and you stay is complicated by pests, semi-hostile staff and a hotline that can't/won't do anything about your problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
comfortinnlic, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay at our hotel.

We would like to bring to the attention of all readers:

1) A pest company inspected the property and did not find any infection
They left a personal note for the guest after inspection of their belongings.
almost $100 was spent for dry cleaning. All this was done without a sign of infection and just as a precaution.
2) Choice Hotels International heard the guest complaint and provided all information including Exterminating Company.
3) A complaint was filed by guest with New York City and they dismissed the case as well after thorough inspection and not finding anything

There is not much more that can be done in a situation like this where 3 different agencies find the hotel has done everything in the case.

We take these matters seriously and would never jeopardize the health of our guests when it comes to something like this.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!