We go to NYC about twice a month and have stayed at many hotels in Long Island City, which offer a great value compared to most Manhattan lodgings. On the plus side, this hotel had what might be the nicest breakfast of any hotel in LIC we have tried yet, mostly by virtue of the availability of mini croissants (along with standard, pre-made omelets and sausages) and the fact that breakfast is available there until 11 a.m. (Most hotels seem to stop service at 10, which is too early for a weekend, if you ask us.) Also, the king bed we had here was notably comfortable. Unfortunately, the area in which the hotel is located, while within a block of the Queensborough Plaza subway stop, is very industrial, run-down, and not at all appealing, but that’s true for most LIC hotels. On the downside were two issues: 1) The room was the smallest we have encountered yet in any LIC hotel. And 2) our room overlooked an enormous heap of scrap metal. Not attractive to see out your window when you wake up! The front-desk clerk said that there will be new condos going up in its place, though, so stay tuned! In the end, we got a dirt-cheap price, and we were barely in the room, anyway. So we might very well return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York