I stayed at the Comfort Inn Long Island City from the 1st of September 2013 to the 12th of September 2013 in room 807. On the 4th morning I woke from my sleep due to some itching bites on my legs. I thought it might be mosquito bites and did not think more of it. The following morning I woke by having being bitten a lot more and I remembered reading an article about bed bugs and cities like New York. So I started looking through the sheets...and to my horror I found one. I took a photo of it and killed it. I went down to reception and presented the bloody napkin and photo. They just looked at me like it was nothing and after a long discussion about the creatures all they could offer me was to send my clothes to be washed and me to change room. So I did and moved into room 407. I tried explaining to the reception that if the clothes/shoes I was wearing or my handbag was infected it would move the bugs to the new room. Again they looked at me as they had done everything they could do. So I left my suitcase and shoes (that I wasn't wearing) in the old room for an inspection by the pest guys. I however don't think that they ever called a bed bug company as the scheduled time kept changing (getting closer to my departure) and they would not give me the name of the company or a website or phone number so I could call them and talk about what precautions I should take. So I spend the entire day reading about what to do and I think I have done everything I could do when going home, but now I woke up this morning to several more bites. I hate this and it is no joke...now I have a hard time sleeping and have to arrange for a pest control company to come and that is expensive, time consuming and just a plain pain in the [--]. I am so mad with the hotel and their ignorant way to discard my concerns and not giving me any chance to try and prevent the bugs from hitching a ride with me. I even called Choice Hotel main phone number to get their help in the matter, but all they said they could do was try to facilitate communication between the hotel and me, but the guy at the other end would only call them once and just said that if the hotel did not want to give me any information about the pest company there was nothing he could do. So I wonder what it is it the hotline can help with....because facilitating communication is definitely not very helpful when it is not done and you as a paying guest is in a very uncomfortable situation and you stay is complicated by pests, semi-hostile staff and a hotline that can't/won't do anything about your problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York