I had the misfortune of staying at this Inn one night over Labor Day weekend - Saturday. We were booked to stay 2 nights, but it was not to be. We arrived early on Saturday and the staff happily held our luggage as the room was not ready. We left and went to the city for the day because we didn't travel 6+ hours to spend any amount of time in Long Island City - we went to tour around Manhattan which is what we did. When we arrived back to the Comfort Inn two men at the desk promptly informed us that he no longer had a room for us -something about a flood. Be advised that we NEVER received any phone call about this problem. The Clerk offered to try to find us a room somewhere else, but the problem is that it is now midnight, we are exhausted and the main reason we chose this hotel is because of the close proximity to the subway - easy in and out of Manhattan. We had NO intention of going to some other hotel unless it was IN Manhattan. After another half hour and when the clerk realized we were not leaving (we had no where to go) he got nasty and said he didn't have to do anything for us. I guess putting 3 women out on the street at midnight is OK by Comfort Inn standards. Eventually, and miraculously, a room became available. My take is that they wanted to sell the room to a paying customer - since we had booked the first night using reward points. If the hotels are not going to honor the points then the whole reward program is a farse!!! BAD service. And, oh by he way, the trash in the surrounding streets was not pleasant at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York