“Comfortable and high quality service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Shanghai, China
“Comfortable and high quality service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had a business trip to NY in June. My last business trip to NY was in Mar. and I was stayed in another hotel in Manhattan, but due to that hotel has neither free-wifi nor breakfast, so I chose Comfort Inn in Long Island City this time. Though I have to take subway to go to my company, but it's very convenient as it's only turn a corner fm the hotel to subway. It has many kinds of delicious breakfast that I enjoyed them much. Then the most satisfying is that the bedding and pillow are VERY VERY comfy! I stayed in a lot of hotels before and Comfort Inn's are most comfy, it's even better than my owns! I slept very well every night and even want to stay longer time as I was not willing to leave those nice bedding and pillows, heeehe~~ Also the staff are very polite and passional, I'm impressed by their high quality service. Comfort Inn in Long Island City will be my 1st choice in future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place is convenient if you want a very affordable alternative to Times Square. Roughly 15 minutes from the hotel door to Central Park, and maybe another 5-8 to Times Square.

Rooms are tiny. Our friends' room literally didn't have room on the outsides of the beds. No real closet to speak of. Typical continental buffet...plus some microwave-type eggs and sausage.

Rooms are up to date, and were clean. Road noise (compared to Manhattan) was not noticeable.

Biggest problem was I have used dozens of hotels / Starbucks / whatever hotspots and NEVER gotten the number of security warnings from Chrome and IE 10.0 explicitly stating their internet was not secure and outside sites could easily be spoofs, etc. I asked three different staff to resolve -- their answer - "ignore the warnings and just hit "OK". Brilliant. So, when my office gets hacked, I'm sure they'll understand. Thus, I couldn't get any necessary work done on site during my week there. Ugh. Even if it's true that it IS safe (?) it's poor customer service, and not acceptable. "Those bedbugs? ignore them...they're safe, too."

Room Tip: Try not to be near the ice makers. Some people were using at 3:00 am two nights and woke us up.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
comfortinnlic, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your reviews.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.
Just to avoid misleading our potential guests, I would like to address a few of your concerns:

The security certificate has to be acccepted if you wish to use our hotel wireless network. If you do not do so, it will ofcourse keep popping up each time you try to connect.

While our staff may not be IT specialists, we do have a toll free number to address your concerns.

For our business guests we offer a choice of Wired connetion as well in each guest room.

Unlike Starbucks and other public networks we require all our guests to accept the security certificate, enter the password to connect to the network and then again a username and password to connect to the internet. We believe this is a decent amount security for a hotel network and in keeping with the Choice Hotels High Speed Internet Access requirements.

Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A friend and I were traveling to NYC on vacation and chose to stay at this hotel due to its convience of location and afordability. We stayed here for six nights and I would totally reccomend it to others. The staff here is awesome...they are more than willing to accomidate, for example, we arrived at 6am and they had us in our room by 11am when check in is not until 3 and the day we left, they held our bags until our late night flight out. The hotel also offers a shuttle service to and from JFK for a flate rate of $40 (just let them know 5-10 minutes before). The breakfast is simple, but its enough to get you moving in the morning and saves you a few dollars. They also provide coffee, water and tea at all times. The room was small but clean and has an air conditioner, which was helpful in the summer. Also, its a one minute walk to the subway....which can get you to most locations in about 25 minutes. The hotel also has a small gym and a buisness center which was helpful when needing to print boarding passes, book tours, etc.
The area, although it looks a little questionable, was fine and we didnt run into any issues.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had a quick night here after being bumped out of an oversold Manhattan hotel. Despite the very late arrival (1:30am), the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. Didn't use the mini-fridge, but was glad to see it. Only complaint was that somebody had left the alarm set for 5:15am, but that happens.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Huber Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Arrived about 2:30 p.m. to find out the hotel had no adequate parking. If no spaces available on the street (none), we would have to go 2 blocks to a parking structure and pay $18.95/night. We are 2 seniors and unable to haul all our luggage let alone walk back and forth so many times to get our bags moved. We were traveling cross the country from CA and had lots to baggage. I cancelled my reservation and they were going to charge me $140.00, but after arguing they reduced the charge to $70.00. Rip Off! NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortinnlic, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to share your reviews. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience and decided not to stay at our hotel. If you had stayed, yoou would realize how convenient it is to travel back and forth from Manhattan with the Subway just 1 Block, Free Wi-Fi and Free Breakfast every morning.

Unfortunately, we do not have a parking lot and that is with the majority of smaller hotels in New York City. We do not make that a secret but advertise in Bold Red Letters on our website so travelers are not inconvenienced.

We ask our guests to park in fron tof the hotel, use our luggage cart to unload and then park in the lot or on the street. Parking lots start at $8/12 hours and $16/24 hours. Either that or you could stay at a hotel which would cost a lot more and have a parking structure.

I am genuinely sorry for the inconvenience and hope you continue to stay at choice hotels on your future trips.
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We arrived after midnight as our flight was delayed, and our first impression was a dark street in a seedy neighbourhood. It was the first time that we were staying outside Manhattan, and we were afraid that we would be too far from the action and waste time on transport. We could not be more wrong. Despite the late hour, we were warmly greeted by the night reception, and our room was waiting for us. The room was clean and had a comfortable king-bed, a desk, and a clean bathroom. The neighbourhood looked quite different the next morning. The hotel is very close to the Queensborough Plaza metro, which takes you to Grand Central or 42nd Street just as fast as if you had stayed at a Manhattan hotel at a much higher rate.
The complimentary breakfast is typical coffee, fruit, cereal and pastry. Nothing fancy, but OK to start the day. Seating was limited, but I saw guests taking breakfast up to their rooms.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We could print our boarding passes;store our luggage until our departure in the evening. Also staying here means that you are much closer to JFK international airport, and therefore cut cost of hiring a cab.
We were happy to have stayed at this Comfort Inn, and can warmly recommend it as a good budget option for a visit to New York.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortinnlic, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your kind review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn - LIC.
We constantaly make updates and upgrades to accommodate our guest needs. We are glad you chose to stay with us and were happy with our hospitality.

We appreciate your business and hope you stay with us on your future trips to NYC.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for 6 days and 5 nights when we visited family in New York. The neighborhood isn't the best looking, but it was safe. A subway station is a minute away with trains that take you right to Manhattan. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit cramped, but it was alright since I was with my family. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean. The TV had a good selection of channels.

Free breakfast (yogurt, fruit, waffles, sausages, egg, cereal), and free wifi made it a great value. You can also use the business center to plan your itinerary and print out tickets for free. I would definitely consider staying here again :)

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!