“Convenient stay for business visits” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Long Island City
Bangalore
“Convenient stay for business visits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I had been to NY on a business trip and I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. The hotel is located just a block away from Queensborough subway station. It is a convenient location for the business travelers visiting Manhattan. However, the stay in the hotel was of average as no service is provided. If you need anything; you need to go the front desk to avail. Even, the rooms are not cleaned properly. Place recommended for business travelers and not for visitors on vacation.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I often travel to New York City for his work but it just so happened that he had several meetings in Long Island. I was surprised to find outrageously high rates in LI. We visited three different hotels before we finally decided on the Comfort Inn. We've had previous negative experiences at Comfort Inns but this location, however, was quite different. The staff was friendly, the rooms were comfortable and clean. I'd recommend this hotel over other budget hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Husband and I have stayed here five times for a week at a time, and each time was good enough. The last time we experienced a problem with our reservation (not our fault) and we needed management's help. He yells first (oh boy what a temper!), blamed us for the front desk's mistake, and tried to change his story later when we proved it. We felt so attacked, and were far from home with nowhere else to go. This was days after Hurricane Sandy, and all other hotels were booked. We will not be back. So disappointed :(

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stay at this hotel mainly becuase of the proximity to my place of employment. There are other more expensive options in Manhattan but my stays are usually a few days. The beds are comfortable, rooms clean.

I don't usually bother with the breakfast. If I do it is usually a boiled egg, slice of toast and some juice. It is usually way too crowded in the small space set up to dine.

Elevator is slow. I often use the stairs when possible. Rooms are small but I don't spend too much time in the room.

I've been stayting at this property since they opened in 2003 and they have made some improvements. However, it could be better.

Staff is courtious

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Barling, Ar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a good, safe and affortable. The staff was very helpful and answered all of our questions. The room was very small but clean. The Subway was very close and easy access. There was a deli was located right of the corner by the Inn with good food. The breakfast was good but in a very small area. I would stay there again on our next trip to New York.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for three nights this past weekend, and we couldn't believe that anyone had anything bad to say about this hotel. We stayed on the ground floor (which is cheaper), in a room with one king bed. Yes the room was small, but for the price of the hotel, what more could you ask for? It's clean, the beds are comfortable, staff is friendly, breakfast was decent and the proximity to the subway all combines to make this hotel great. I would recommend it to friends and family, and would definitely stay there again. We had a fantastic time!!

• Stayed November 2012
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night only, so it's probably not much of experience, but I'll share it anyway:) well, to cut a long story short: it's nice. A comfortable bed, new furniture, dragon-blowing hair dryer, and clothing iron and board (which we didn't need, but it was a pleasant surprise nevertheless) - altogether a good place to stay for 100 USD per night (booked via Priceline). I wouldn't say the neighbourhood is unsafe (as others mentioned here) or really noisy, but the dumpster is right under the window, that's true.
Subway station, however, is 5 minutes walk away, and that's a pretty good advantage. And yes, the staff (all Indian guys as far as I can tell) was extremely friendly!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!