We stayed at this hotel for 1 night only, so it's probably not much of experience, but I'll share it anyway:) well, to cut a long story short: it's nice. A comfortable bed, new furniture, dragon-blowing hair dryer, and clothing iron and board (which we didn't need, but it was a pleasant surprise nevertheless) - altogether a good place to stay for 100 USD per night (booked via Priceline). I wouldn't say the neighbourhood is unsafe (as others mentioned here) or really noisy, but the dumpster is right under the window, that's true.
Subway station, however, is 5 minutes walk away, and that's a pretty good advantage. And yes, the staff (all Indian guys as far as I can tell) was extremely friendly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York