“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. I booked it via Agoda for 70 USD per night. I wasn't expecting much and i was positively surprised. Very clean and conviniently located. The hair dryer in my room broke down and got instantly replaced. As others mentioned the breakfast area is small but i never had a problem with finding a seat. My only complain is that the heating system is noisy. It won't affect you if you go in the warmer months. Great place if you are on a budget.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I forgot some toiletry items, which they had on hand and gave me - very convenient. Also, when I arrived the hotel had begun to fill up, so they upgraded my room with no extra charge to King Suite. Overall the hotel is a little aged, but the room was comfortable, very clean. Nice big flatscreen TV, and a Jacuzzi oversized bath tub. Room had a safe, as well as iron and board and hairdryer. Breakfast was ok, fruit was very fresh. I would stay here again as the location was close to where I was visiting. Also used the 'Gym' which has a few machines and some dumbbells.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Congratulations to the Comfort Inn Hotel at Long Island City in Queens N.Y. This was our 3rd. and best stay at this well known brand hotel. Our first visit 4yrs. ago and again 2 yrs. ago was picked primarily because the room rate was more reasonable than N.Y.City prices and the Comfort Inn offered breakfast as well. The staff THEN was indifferent and not very cordial. This recent visit again was selected because of the favorable pricing and we were now familiar with the area.

This 3rd stay was wonderful. The Hotel was spotless. The rooms while not large are immaculate, perfectly maintained, with a gleaming bathroom. The room also included a room safe and flat screen TV. The breakfast room is attractive and the variety of items were impressive, tasty and generous.

The staff are courteous, welcoming, knowledgeable and cheerful. Special note: Sonny is a great host and were pleased that he is still with the Comfort Inn.

Other reviews and reviewers will cover the easy access to Manhattan and the other boroughs.

Enjoy the hotel and I feel the area is safe.

Room Tip: Stay of top level floors, more quiet.
Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

canceled and no room availabe.

After 2 houres of negotiation with the staff and Orbitz on the phone I had to leave the hotel without a room in this hotel and no room elsewhere because the offers by Orbitz where bad.

In the end I paid on night for 150$ and had no room at all.
Poor service by both, the hotel that canceled the room knowing that I would come (they said that the webform did not work) and by Orbitz who did not contact the hotel and told them that I would come a day later.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

the area was very sketchy and not safe and very noisy coz from the industrail around the hotel and next to a dumpster. the room was very small and mildewy smell. so we end up buying lysol to spray the room and we saw a bug crawling by the window. plus once you enter the lobby you smell cigarette all the way to the elevator and all the hallways. and we asked the receptionist and she said its a smoke free hotel. that's a big lie! we never had breakfasy coz its always packed and no place to sit in. the only plus side of this hotel is close to the train station. just don't walk by yourself at night.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had checked the prices of various hotels in NY city area, most of them were in 300's, 400's and 500's. Priceline was able to give me an offer for my price at this hotel. We stayed for 5 nights at about 150$ a night. Includes breakfast. We, like every other tourist, came to NY for sightseeing and did not spend much time at the hotel. We were at Room 602, it was facing some industrial area - didn't bother me since we were out all day. The room size was about 14 * 14 feet, the smallest hotel room that i have stayed in USA. It came with a Queen size bed. the room size didn't bother me much either, since all we wanted was a place to sleep over. i didn't recall anyone talking about the size of the hotel room in reviews; so i am guessing that i got the smallest room cos of my priceline rate.
Breakfast, free internet, easy access to NY city / Manhattan are the things that I wanted. So, I am happy overall. The neighborhood is not that great, lot of shops closed down and graffiti on the walls, etc., but thankfully never had any safety issues.

El Paso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed with my family in this hotel during our summer visit to NYC. Hotels are very expensive in Manhattan and we chose this hotel to save some money and we were not dissapointed.

The hotel itself is clean and secure, the area where is located is kind of run down but sub station is only one block away and we nevel felt insecure even coming back to the hotel late at night.

The breakfast bar is nice and varied, the area where is located is cramped (just 3 tables) however you can take your food either to the lobby or to your room.

Overall we saved money and enjoyed our stay, I woud definetely stay again and I would recommend it to anyone considering a stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!