“Decent place for NY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent place for NY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had checked the prices of various hotels in NY city area, most of them were in 300's, 400's and 500's. Priceline was able to give me an offer for my price at this hotel. We stayed for 5 nights at about 150$ a night. Includes breakfast. We, like every other tourist, came to NY for sightseeing and did not spend much time at the hotel. We were at Room 602, it was facing some industrial area - didn't bother me since we were out all day. The room size was about 14 * 14 feet, the smallest hotel room that i have stayed in USA. It came with a Queen size bed. the room size didn't bother me much either, since all we wanted was a place to sleep over. i didn't recall anyone talking about the size of the hotel room in reviews; so i am guessing that i got the smallest room cos of my priceline rate.
Breakfast, free internet, easy access to NY city / Manhattan are the things that I wanted. So, I am happy overall. The neighborhood is not that great, lot of shops closed down and graffiti on the walls, etc., but thankfully never had any safety issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
El Paso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed with my family in this hotel during our summer visit to NYC. Hotels are very expensive in Manhattan and we chose this hotel to save some money and we were not dissapointed.

The hotel itself is clean and secure, the area where is located is kind of run down but sub station is only one block away and we nevel felt insecure even coming back to the hotel late at night.

The breakfast bar is nice and varied, the area where is located is cramped (just 3 tables) however you can take your food either to the lobby or to your room.

Overall we saved money and enjoyed our stay, I woud definetely stay again and I would recommend it to anyone considering a stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a two nite stay at the Comfort Inn. We would definitely return. We were visiting our daughter who lives in Manhatten and didn't want to pay those prices. After learning that you must get off and exit near the South Street exit you are practically a minute walk to the hotel. Front desk very friendly, our room was clean...bathroom was very nice.....breakfast great....we had a problem with blow dryer not working and a friendly young man from staff came up after we called and brought us one. No problem...other than that great time!~We will definitely book again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

They had awful breakfast with cheapest ingredients and shower stream is barely enough to rinse the soap off.

However location and the value is really good comparing the NY prices. It is easy to get around.

5Pointz in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I am retired and had to stay in Manhattan a lot in Manhattan doing business and contary to what the locales think the world does not revolved arround them. Because of that my first reaction was to rate the hotel average. But the room and bath was clean. Wi Fi and breakast was very good. Close to the sub way to Manhattan. The desk staff was very helpfull as the airline lost one of my bags and they kept me informed that I had to again the call airline since the bag had not arrive as promissed. The desk will call you a town car to get to LGA. On the negative side: the room was small and the breafast area only sat about a dozen persons. But again, that's what is expected in the Manhattan area unless you pay big $$. We staved on the fifth floor so the out side noise was not as bad.

Room Tip: 5th floor for less outside noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago for some action after a fun date. Didn't feel like paying a ridiculous amount in the city, and I live with other people so taking her back to my place was out of the question. The hotel is nice; being a native New Yorker I'm used to the whole industrial environment. Breakfast was delicious, and my partner and I had a fun night. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay while visiting NYC or a place to get some action when you can't get it at home, this is the place for you. Def. plan on coming back

Room Tip: Get one on the upper floor. You get a better deal
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We visited Manhattan in mid September and stayed here for 2 nights. Excellent location, about 2 subway stations off Manhattan. Subway station is within a 2 minute walk, however the train ramp requires to climb as many stairs as four floors. The hotel is very "packed", tiny rooms, tiny breakfast area. Fitness room is so small that there is no room for a treadmill. Breafast variety was very small, space was always occupied by many visitors. Facility looks a bit worn out. We paid under 160+tax, well below Manhattan commom cost. Even if you will ask for upper floor with a manhattan view and you will check in at 3 PM, it is most likely that you will not get it, even if you will insist. Beside, the hotel views are east or south only. and make sure tthat you are nt getting the basement rooms (called "floor no 1").

Room Tip: Ask for the 8th floor with a window toward south.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
comfortinnlic, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We really appreciate that you took the time to share your reviews about our hotel and we hope you will continue to stay with us for your future accommodation needs in and around NYC.
I would like to address some of the items that you pointed out for our potential guests:
1) Yes, the hotel is packed because, as you pointed out, it is a great location just minutes from Manhattan, 1 block from subways and a very reasonable price.
2) We try to accommodate all reasonable requests but if we are sold out it is very difficult for us to assign a particular room or floor - and we dont sell our rooms or advertise manhattan view at all - any views that you get would be an added bonus.
3) As for the Lower floor rooms - it is a different room type and slightly cheaper than the other rooms - Some of our budget traveller appreciate that and choose that floor to save some money. We have only 7 of those rooms and assign that only if you specifically reserved that room.
4) We had 3 Cardio Equipments but as per choice hotels requirements, we removed the treadmill and added a free weight station for our guests.
5) We do offer a great variety of breakfast items which now also includes egg patties, sausage patties, yogurt in addition to regular fresh continental breakfast spread.

I apologizze if we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us in the future.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!