We stayed here for almost two weeks in early-August 2012. We specifically chose this hotel because of its proximity to the subway station (and subsequently Manhattan). We were not disappointed!
First of all, other reviews are spot on, this place is incredibly close to the Queensboro' Plaza subway station. Train 7 will take you right into Times Square in about 15 minutes. This made things much easier for us as we are not familiar with the area.
The hotel itself is very clean and the staff are both friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was on the 6th floor and we had a partial view of Manhattan and the nearby junkyard! Don't let the junkyard put you off, it's across the street and it didn't bother us one bit.
Our room gave us everything we needed: large bed, HD television, a safe, a big shower, coffee machine, an iron/ironing board and hairdryer. The room was cleaned daily and we felt incredibly comfortable in it. If I'm being picky, it would have been nice to have a fridge in the room and a kettle (us British like our tea after all!) - but these are minor requests.
Breakfast is served daily. As others have mentioned, the breakfast area is very small. We managed to get a table a couple of times, however I found it easier to take a tray, load up and take this back up to our room. It really wasn't *that* much of a problem.
All in all, we'd definitely stay here again. Considering how easy it is to reach central Manhattan from the hotel it's an absolute gem!
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Comfort Inn Hotel
- Comfort Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.