Not the best Comfort Inn. It was a solid "OK" but nothing more. Room cleanliness and furnishings not up to standard. Breakfast area is so small, plan on eating in your room. I've generally had better breakfast offerings in other CI's. Very small room for 2 double beds, difficult for more than 2 people to be comfortable if you have luggage and are interested in cramming more than 2 people in to one room.
The location is great for getting into Manhattan, and despite looking a bit trashy in places it seems safe, and is being revitalized extensively. Hotel is near a commercial area with a few fast food options and convenience stores, and is very close to a subway station. So very convenient and much cheaper than hotels on Manhattan.
I was expecting this hotel to be better than the nearby Quality Inn, but I was surprised in that I would rather stay in the QI again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York