“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Kent
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed at Comfort Inn Long Island City, for ten nights while visiting New York for Macy's Thanksgiving day parade and lighting of the Rockerfeller Tree. We chose this hotel mainly for the price, much cheaper than staying in Manhattan so more to spend on other things.We had a twin room on the 7th floor. The hotel was very clean, comfortable beds, and a offered a decent enough complimentary breakfast, the staff were all very pleasant. We used the subway to get into the city. Queensboro Plaza station is on the doorstep and only took about 10 minutes to get to and from Times Square, we usually came back late, never before midnight and never felt unsafe.in the area. I would stay here again, it is a good hotel for a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed in this hotel over Thanksgiving weekend, because we could not find any decent lodging in or near midtown for under $350/nt. At under $150/nt, this hotel is everything we could have asked for. Queensboro Station is 1 block away, Queens Plaza station is 2 blocks away. It was easy to get anywhere we wanted to go. Friendly and helpful staff (good directions), clean rooms, comfy beds, hot showers, fast and free wifi. There is a deli on the corner, but little else in the area, but then we were only in the room to sleep, shower, and change clothes. If you look at a subway map you will see that this hotel has quick access to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, and other midtown hot spots. Honestly, I prefer staying in midtown for an affordable price, but if nothing is available, I would gladly stay here again. Every dollar I save on my room is a dollar I can spend on shows and food.

Room Tip: Our friends found their room on the bottom floor noisy, so stay on 2 or above.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Chose this hotel while visiting NYC as a tourist and to go to the Macy's parade. Clean and comfortable, room was modern and very clean. Front desk staff helpful. We were able to park our car on the street (free) right in front of the hotel -- can't beat that. Area felt safe, easy walk to subway. Breakfast offered lots of variety. A great value -- we saved hundreds

Room Tip: Typical city noises -- we travel with a white noise machine and nothing bothered us
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Room: One King Suite
Large Room, Clean Bathroom, Nice Flatscreen

Price: Booked on points, but if I had a choice at regular room rate I would look else where first.

Cons:
Hotel a bit older. The room i was in smelled like pee and the carpet was dirty.
Right next to the subway and backs to an alley. I was on the third floor but could hear people yelling in the alley.

Final:
I would stay at this hotel again if I really need a place to stay.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed one night last weekend. I have stayed in other Long Island City Hotels, notably the Verve and the Country Inn and I found both of those better. Not that anything was really wrong. I found my room noisy. I could hear every conversation in the hallway, lots of street noise. The bed was comfortable but clearly old. Overall, I'd probably stay here again. It's an economy hotel and it feels like it. The price and value are about equal, whereas several of the others offer higher value for the same money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I can't say enough good things about the Comfort Inn LIC. The propery is clean and comfortable -- and it's very close to the Queensboro Train Station (7 Line) that takes you into Manhattan or east towards Flushing Meadows. Rohit and his staff are awesome -- courteous and accomodating. They went above and beyond the call of duty to contact me and forward a photo that had been mailed to me at their property after my departue. I certainly will again stay there again when business takes me to NYC.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed here for 7 nights with my partner during the summer. We were looking for a decent inexpensive hotel with easy travel to the city and this ticked all the boxes. It was clean, staff were friendly and literally 30 seconds to the station to get the subway which takes you right into times square. The surrounding area isn't the greatest, our room looked ou onto a junk yard, but the new york skyline could be seen - although, we were not bothered about this, it really was more of a place to sleep as we spent all our time in the city. Returning late at night we never felt uncomfortable in the streets.
We are planning to return next year and I have no worries staying here again. You would probably pay double for a place similar in the city, and for only a few minutes on the train, I would rather save the difference for shopping in the city!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
comfortinnlic, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to share your opinions and reviews about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn - LIC. We appreciate your business and we hope to provide the same level of hopsitality and customer service that you have come to expect from us.

Thank You and we hope we see you soon on your next visit to NYC.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!