“poor, disabled, incompetent” 2 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Bretzfeld
“poor, disabled, incompetent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

First try to give us a other room (without Hot Tube) that we have booked and payd for. After our complain they change the room.
Next day they dont clean our room between 9 am and 11 pm.
If we are back from the city they need 10 Minutes to do it, it can not be a good work with so less time. Uarrg.
Dingy cold blankets. No hairdryer and no closet at the room but nice hot tube. Dont come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Pretty typical low end motel. Reasonably clean, quiet at night. Not much in the neighborhood so it's not a tourist place, at all. About a 10 minute walk from the NQ train to Manhattan. Seems like it should be cheap but it's not. We paid around $160. Worst part is the staff. My friend went to check the place out for me to see if it was clean, etc. and the guy at the desk treated her like she was asking for his right arm. We chose to stay there because it was convenient to my friend's apartment. At check in the guy was barely civil and, again, acted like he was doing me an enormous favor. I would choose somewhere else if I had a good option.

Room Tip: Our "non smoking" room stank of cigarettes. We had to move.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Edwards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

After spending about 2 weeks looking on Craigslist, Kayak, TravelNow and VRBO, I finally chose the Super 8 in Long Island City based mostly on price and location. It is just over the Ed Koch bridge (about 1/4 mile from front door to bridge ramp- a little less to the subway station). My biggest difficulty was finding it (at night, in traffic). But once I found it, I found the staff courteous and the room small but adequate. There is no hotel parking but the desk suggested parking on the side street beside the hotel. I did and left my new Jeep parked there for 3 days without a problem. A buffet breakfast one step up from a continental breakfast was offered. It was good but the breakfast room was frequently crowded beyond capacity. There was a business center taht we used a bit but not much. We didn't use any other hotel amenities. The room was small but comfy, clean and provided what we needed- somewhere to sleep and to leave our stuff while we explored the city. I would definitely stay there again (I saw some bad reviews but had a good experience).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Afton, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was very impressed. The staff were very friendly, helpful, and caring. The rooms were clean and neat. Parking was in the back of the hotel, which was great, because it is difficult to find parking in Astoria. I grew up in Astoria, and it was nice to come back and have a warm welcome from the staff. A continental breakfast was included, which was very nice for my teens. They even asked them if they wanted more orange juice when it ran out, and I could see that they bend over backwards for the clients. They even stated I could leave my car in the parking lot, after I checked out, while I took a trip into Manhattan. 5 stars for this hotel, and I will be back!

Room Tip: I got a room with 3 queen beds, since I had two teenagers and my husband and I. It was actually two...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We will be back soon and will stay at the super8 again.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Super 8 Long Island City? Share your experiences!