“For the price, very acceptable.” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Long Island City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31-62 14th Street, Long Island City, NY 11106   |
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Edwards
“For the price, very acceptable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

After spending about 2 weeks looking on Craigslist, Kayak, TravelNow and VRBO, I finally chose the Super 8 in Long Island City based mostly on price and location. It is just over the Ed Koch bridge (about 1/4 mile from front door to bridge ramp- a little less to the subway station). My biggest difficulty was finding it (at night, in traffic). But once I found it, I found the staff courteous and the room small but adequate. There is no hotel parking but the desk suggested parking on the side street beside the hotel. I did and left my new Jeep parked there for 3 days without a problem. A buffet breakfast one step up from a continental breakfast was offered. It was good but the breakfast room was frequently crowded beyond capacity. There was a business center taht we used a bit but not much. We didn't use any other hotel amenities. The room was small but comfy, clean and provided what we needed- somewhere to sleep and to leave our stuff while we explored the city. I would definitely stay there again (I saw some bad reviews but had a good experience).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Afton, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was very impressed. The staff were very friendly, helpful, and caring. The rooms were clean and neat. Parking was in the back of the hotel, which was great, because it is difficult to find parking in Astoria. I grew up in Astoria, and it was nice to come back and have a warm welcome from the staff. A continental breakfast was included, which was very nice for my teens. They even asked them if they wanted more orange juice when it ran out, and I could see that they bend over backwards for the clients. They even stated I could leave my car in the parking lot, after I checked out, while I took a trip into Manhattan. 5 stars for this hotel, and I will be back!

Room Tip: I got a room with 3 queen beds, since I had two teenagers and my husband and I. It was actually two...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We will be back soon and will stay at the super8 again.

• Stayed June 2012
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Cheap and clean option for your stay in NY. Only 100US per night and you are very close to Manhattan. There was flat screen TV, coffee maker and fridge in our room. I would stay there again!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
nyc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

First of all, I had to stay here because it was close to my work because the place looks like a tv repair shop from the outside. Small dingy entranceway to a dirty, fluorescent lit room with a bullet proof windowed counter. The staff was very freindly and courteous, manger even gave me a break on the room rate (after some haggling).
Room was clean but unimpressive, rattling AC and dinged up old furniture, but the bed was comfortable, so I turned in right away.
One thing I discovered immediately was the walls are very thin, and as it was a Saturday night, people were partying and "getting intimate" in the surrounding rooms. I might as well have been in the room with them, (although you couldnt really describe what was going on as very "intimate"). some of the sounds were downright scary to be honest. One guy kept shouting "Take it! Rrrrrrrriight theah!" every 2 minutes from 1am till 230 in a thick Brooklyn hood accent... Meant I had a pretty sleepless night.
Then the cleaners are loudly banging and vacuuming outside at 7am, no idea why they would start that early. But they did, cheerfully shouting to one another in high rapid Spanish, and that was my signal to leave. There are a lot of budget hotels in this area, I'm going to check out another one next time.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Super 8 Long Island City? Share your experiences!