After spending about 2 weeks looking on Craigslist, Kayak, TravelNow and VRBO, I finally chose the Super 8 in Long Island City based mostly on price and location. It is just over the Ed Koch bridge (about 1/4 mile from front door to bridge ramp- a little less to the subway station). My biggest difficulty was finding it (at night, in traffic). But once I found it, I found the staff courteous and the room small but adequate. There is no hotel parking but the desk suggested parking on the side street beside the hotel. I did and left my new Jeep parked there for 3 days without a problem. A buffet breakfast one step up from a continental breakfast was offered. It was good but the breakfast room was frequently crowded beyond capacity. There was a business center taht we used a bit but not much. We didn't use any other hotel amenities. The room was small but comfy, clean and provided what we needed- somewhere to sleep and to leave our stuff while we explored the city. I would definitely stay there again (I saw some bad reviews but had a good experience).
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Long Island City Hotel
- Super 8 Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Super Eight Long Island City
- Long Island City Super 8
- Long Island City Super Eight
- Super 8 Long Island City New York
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.