First of all, I had to stay here because it was close to my work because the place looks like a tv repair shop from the outside. Small dingy entranceway to a dirty, fluorescent lit room with a bullet proof windowed counter. The staff was very freindly and courteous, manger even gave me a break on the room rate (after some haggling).
Room was clean but unimpressive, rattling AC and dinged up old furniture, but the bed was comfortable, so I turned in right away.
One thing I discovered immediately was the walls are very thin, and as it was a Saturday night, people were partying and "getting intimate" in the surrounding rooms. I might as well have been in the room with them, (although you couldnt really describe what was going on as very "intimate"). some of the sounds were downright scary to be honest. One guy kept shouting "Take it! Rrrrrrrriight theah!" every 2 minutes from 1am till 230 in a thick Brooklyn hood accent... Meant I had a pretty sleepless night.
Then the cleaners are loudly banging and vacuuming outside at 7am, no idea why they would start that early. But they did, cheerfully shouting to one another in high rapid Spanish, and that was my signal to leave. There are a lot of budget hotels in this area, I'm going to check out another one next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Super 8 Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Super Eight Long Island City
- Long Island City Super 8
- Long Island City Super Eight
- Super 8 Long Island City New York