- A 14-day stay for business purpose.
- Booked through an online travel agent at around US$135/night tax inclusive.
- Booked 2 months before check-in.
- Street View Bedroom - 3rd Floor.
General Description of Hotel:
(from the lowest level)
Level C - Gym Room, Vending Machine, Common-use Microwave, Restrooms, Hotel office
Level L - Lobby, luggage weight scale available
Level 1 and above - Hotel Rooms
Two elevators, Stairs available.
- The room is modern in design with sufficient air-conditioning and lighting.
- Refrigerator is provided upon request.
- Safe is installed in the closet. Sufficient wifi coverage in anywhere of the room, and the speed could support your normal online video viewings.
- The bedroom and bathroom are spacious.
- The bathroom is installed with shower box. The bath gel, shampoo and conditioner are manufactured by Bath and Body Works.
Check-in / Check-out and Security:
- At least two receptionists are available at the desk. Speedy check-in/out. Friendly and helpful staff.
- No security issues noted.
Friendly staff but average service. You may expect basic cleanness. Bed linen are not changed for every 3 day as promised, even you placed the bed linen request card on the bed. I have to remove the bed linen by myself and request for the new bed linen.
Transportation and Hotel Location:
- The hotel is located in Long Island City, one stop after Lexington Station in Manhattan. You may take Train 7, Train E or Train M to manhattan area. Approx. 30 mins to Wall Street or 5-10 mins to Time Square area by train.
- You may either take the shuttle to the Station (Court Square) or a a 5-min walk. It is pretty quiet at night for walking, but it is not unsafe.
- Parking is available on site and free parking maybe available at streets near the hotel. The area is generally safe for parking.
- There are no restaurants or room service available in the hotel.
- There is an air-conditioned gym room located at Level C (one level below the Lobby), equipped with 3 treadmills and dumbbells. Towels and water are supplied in the gym room.
- There are a microwave and a vending machine located in Level C for hotel guests.
- There is a PC computer and a monochrome laser printer available at Level C free of charge.
- There is a shuttle service scheduled between the hotel and Court Square Station (7, E and M Train), operates between 8:00am and 10:30pm, approximately services every 30 mins. In my experience, the shuttle does not depart from scheduled slot timely. I recommend you to contact the reception for the latest shuttle schedule.
- A restaurant located next door, opens Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm, providing sandwiches.
- A fried-chicken fast food store located at the exit of Court Square station, 5 min walk from the Hotel.
- A Chinese restaurant and Subway Sandwich stores in 8 mins walk from the hotel.
- Used "Express 1 Laundromat & Dry Cleaning", located 6-8 min walk from the hotel. 95 cent per lb, including wash, dry and fold. Free delivery. Approx. US$14 per visit (13 lb). Two persons, 6-day.
A recommended modern hotel in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from New York City’s midtown, the Wyndham Garden LIC Manhattan View hotel offers guests the perfect proximity to the Big Apple without the hassle or expense of a Manhattan address.This newly built hotel is located in an eclectic neighborhood of Long Island City with views of the city skyline, the East River and the Queensboro Bridge, allowing guests to take a step back and take in the city’s true beauty.Business travelers will appreciate the convenience of the 24-hour Business Center along with free Wi-Fi and copy and fax services. Those who find themselves exploring the Long Island City area can take advantage of the hotel’s complimentary local shuttle, available to take you to the nearby subway. The Wyndham Garden LIC hotel also has an on-site restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, providing guests the conveniences needed for a comfortable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel New York