“Clean, comfortable but service old be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44-29 9th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Long Island City

610 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Florianopolis, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I don't know the exactly words about this hotel. Is a mix of good and bad thighs. For example the staff is great with some people in a bad day. The restaurant inside the hotel have a wonderful food and believe me, cheap (a huge dish of pasta with meatballs is only US$ 7). The rooms are ok, with good bed, a good shower and clean.

The area in the first time scare me but was just an impression. The area is safe and you can walk to the subway easily. Also they have transfer each half hour to the subways stations for free. This is nice in raining days (like mine).

Smokers need to be outside, without any kind of cover in raining days. It's ok to smoke outside but they can arrange some place with a roof. Could be better!

In the other hand, the wi-fi was a mess. in 4 days there, just work 100% in one night. Also, the brand is stupid. They bill me 20% more in my credit card without ask me (was taxes) and when I send a email for the "customer center", I receive the answer "talk with the hotel", without a phone number, without a email address. Also I had make a deposit when I arrive there and this deposit (in my CC) still blocked ten days after.

Don't believe in the hotel photos. The angle can show you a different view of the reality. This is not bad but you can be impressed when you go there because everything is different.

May I back? Perhaps but I not take off the hotel of my NY list.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money with a "panoramic view" in a high floor. The "view" i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as on a daily basis our goal is to make our guests have the best visit to NYC they can.
usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hard to review this hotel. I would definitely have given it a higher rating than I did had we had sheets that fit the bed. When we got into bed there was a wad of fabric at the bottom. Thinking the fitted sheet had just come undone, we got up to remake the bed. We discovered it did not even come close to fitting the King bed. We tried to use the top sheet as a bottom sheet. It was not even big enough to fold under the mattress. Calling the front desk for sheets that fit was to no avail, so we had to sleep on the nylon mattress cover. In the morning the front desk said the laundry service had shrunk all their sheets.
We were there for only one night. Had we been there longer we would have had to move to a room with queen beds or a different hotel. Setting the sheetless situation aside, the hotel is nice, and clean. In an area still being renovated but safe. The shuttle they offer does not take you anywhere in Long Island City, but rather just up and down Vernon Blvd. I would use this hotel again but will call ahead to see if they have sheets that fit the King size beds. No guarantees.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

Address: 44-29 9th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Location: United States > New York > Long Island City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#7 Romantic Hotel in Long Island City
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel 3*
Located just minutes from New York City’s midtown, the Wyndham Garden LIC Manhattan View hotel offers guests the perfect proximity to the Big Apple without the hassle or expense of a Manhattan address.This newly built hotel is located in an eclectic neighborhood of Long Island City with views of the city skyline, the East River and the Queensboro Bridge, allowing guests to take a step back and take in the city’s true beauty.Business travelers will appreciate the convenience of the 24-hour Business Center along with free Wi-Fi and copy and fax services. Those who find themselves exploring the Long Island City area can take advantage of the hotel’s complimentary local shuttle, available to take you to the nearby subway. The Wyndham Garden LIC hotel also has an on-site restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, providing guests the conveniences needed for a comfortable stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel New York

If you own or manage Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.