“Because our room had two double beds and the room that...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

You added Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   44-29 9th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Seneca Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The room was nice, a bit small probably large for NYC standards. I am from upstate NY so to me it was small. The biggest drawback not a real lot in the area around the hotel within walking distance (restaurants, stores ect) Overall nice hotel though. The restaurant had great food thankfully it was open since I didn't know where else to go to get food in the area and had no transportation, outside of cabs.Needed a refrigerator in room. Bathroom had hair in shower from precious guest. Shower water took a long time to get hot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as on a daily basis our goal is to make our guests have the best visit to NYC they can.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently stayed for 4 nights with my grandson, and I couldn't have been happier. The hotel was clean, and the staff was great. My grandsons favorite was Mark, the shuttle driver. Most times we walked to the subway line which was only a few blocks from the hotel, are safety was never an issue. It's true that this is located in an industrial area, but it also is located in a neighborhood with great places to eat.
If your looking to enjoy a nice Italian dinner eat downstairs at the family owned restaurant located in the hotel, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this gem of a place. If we stayed in the city we would have been only able to afford two nights The prices here made it possible to stay for the extra two.
I will definately be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor in a corner room, couldn't have been happier.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Colombo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. We reception staff are friendly and helpful. They run a shuttle to the nearby subway stops every half hour till late at night.

The standard rooms are really cramped and tiny, they haven't left an allowance for luggage at all. A little pricey for the product offered.

The vending machine was out of order for several days during our stay and though you could buy water from the reception during that time nothing else was easily accessible during the evening or night.

The neighbourhood is not the nicest or prettiest! There is a great little place around the corner called John Brown Smokehouse which serves very reasonable tasty food with a live jazz somedays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

So I stayed at a Wyndham Hotel in New York, the first week in April...it was The New Yorker>>>HATED IT...Sold to me though hotels.com as a 4 star...NOT...they Lied!!!
So, then I booked the Wyndham Garden in Long Island City, after staying 4 nights in a crappy RED ROOF INN...with BAD service at both...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!...this hotel is modern, clean, good lighting in the halls...the others had bad lighting so you wouldn't see how really gross they were...Arrived to the Wyndham Garden in a bad mood because of my experiences and the fact that I had got gotten ripped off by a cab driver who went in circles...I was greeted by super friendly staff who instantly put me at ease, and made me feel welcomed..which I hadn't felt a either other hotel... The room felt super clean and comfortable...the bed was GREAT...I didn't want to get out the next morning...best rest I had had in 2 weeks on this business trip.
I can not, at this point, recommend Wyndham...but YES for this particular Hotel....the staff is great...and the location quite...Shuttles to subway and restaurant row...making everything easy to access. Note to Wyndham...please don't screw this one up!!
Restaurant is an Italian restaurant, and I only had desert there the first night, and breakfast the first morning, which both were good. I'll review restaurant separately on YELP after having dinner tonight.
I would differently stay here again.
Got a GREAT rate on this hotel..still fairly new, so they will probably jack the rates up soon.
Only thing that would make it more desirable, would be have a small frig. in the rooms...as a business traveler that is important to me.
TRAVEL ON!
Rich

Room Tip: Checks views , some rooms have really great views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

We hope you will give other Wyndham's a chance again soon as they normally are quite nice. If you do come back to visit again soon please be sure to book one of our executive level rooms, though higher price, they are a bit larger and have a mini-fridge in the room for you.

Hope to see you soon!
Travelers also viewed these Long Island City hotels
Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collection
Verve Hotel, An Ascend Collectio...
#5 of 26 in Long Island City
4.5 of 5 stars 1,245 reviews
Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhatta...
#3 of 26 in Long Island City
4.5 of 5 stars 679 reviews
Z New York Hotel
Z New York Hotel
#7 of 26 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 936 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#2 of 26 in Long Island City
4.5 of 5 stars 396 reviews
BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel
BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel
#12 of 26 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 stars 969 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#6 of 26 in Long Island City
4.5 of 5 stars 96 reviews

Been to Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel? Share your experiences!