“Staff was very nice and helpful. Nice hotel, clean rooms...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44-29 9th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Long Island City

599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently stayed for 4 nights with my grandson, and I couldn't have been happier. The hotel was clean, and the staff was great. My grandsons favorite was Mark, the shuttle driver. Most times we walked to the subway line which was only a few blocks from the hotel, are safety was never an issue. It's true that this is located in an industrial area, but it also is located in a neighborhood with great places to eat.
If your looking to enjoy a nice Italian dinner eat downstairs at the family owned restaurant located in the hotel, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this gem of a place. If we stayed in the city we would have been only able to afford two nights The prices here made it possible to stay for the extra two.
I will definately be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor in a corner room, couldn't have been happier.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Colombo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. We reception staff are friendly and helpful. They run a shuttle to the nearby subway stops every half hour till late at night.

The standard rooms are really cramped and tiny, they haven't left an allowance for luggage at all. A little pricey for the product offered.

The vending machine was out of order for several days during our stay and though you could buy water from the reception during that time nothing else was easily accessible during the evening or night.

The neighbourhood is not the nicest or prettiest! There is a great little place around the corner called John Brown Smokehouse which serves very reasonable tasty food with a live jazz somedays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

So I stayed at a Wyndham Hotel in New York, the first week in April...it was The New Yorker>>>HATED IT...Sold to me though hotels.com as a 4 star...NOT...they Lied!!!
So, then I booked the Wyndham Garden in Long Island City, after staying 4 nights in a crappy RED ROOF INN...with BAD service at both...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!...this hotel is modern, clean, good lighting in the halls...the others had bad lighting so you wouldn't see how really gross they were...Arrived to the Wyndham Garden in a bad mood because of my experiences and the fact that I had got gotten ripped off by a cab driver who went in circles...I was greeted by super friendly staff who instantly put me at ease, and made me feel welcomed..which I hadn't felt a either other hotel... The room felt super clean and comfortable...the bed was GREAT...I didn't want to get out the next morning...best rest I had had in 2 weeks on this business trip.
I can not, at this point, recommend Wyndham...but YES for this particular Hotel....the staff is great...and the location quite...Shuttles to subway and restaurant row...making everything easy to access. Note to Wyndham...please don't screw this one up!!
Restaurant is an Italian restaurant, and I only had desert there the first night, and breakfast the first morning, which both were good. I'll review restaurant separately on YELP after having dinner tonight.
I would differently stay here again.
Got a GREAT rate on this hotel..still fairly new, so they will probably jack the rates up soon.
Only thing that would make it more desirable, would be have a small frig. in the rooms...as a business traveler that is important to me.
TRAVEL ON!
Rich

Room Tip: Checks views , some rooms have really great views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

We hope you will give other Wyndham's a chance again soon as they normally are quite nice. If you do come back to visit again soon please be sure to book one of our executive level rooms, though higher price, they are a bit larger and have a mini-fridge in the room for you.

Hope to see you soon!
East Syracuse
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overall, the hotel was nice...clean rooms, friendly staff, etc...the beds were extremely firm-like slab of plywood firm...a little too much for me. Mind you, I like a bed I can sink into! The restaurant was pretty poor quality...I hate to score the hotel low for that however as the restaurant was a separate business. You couldn't charge anything to your room - a little inconvenient, but not a deal breaker. I thought it was funny though that the restaurant made it sound like a slight glitch in the system - when in fact it was not getting resolved...I was there for 4nights then after a long weekend back for 3 more...food was average at best...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Our restaurant is quite high quality and they use fresh ingredients daily so we are sorry you did not enjoy that experience.

We are suprised you did not enjoy our beds as quite often we get requests how to purchase our beds. They are high quality beds especially designed for the Wyndham Garden Brand.

We again are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope on your next visit to NYC you enjoy yourself.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a new hotel just 10 minutes walk from the subway which takes you to Grand Central in 2 stops. The reception is long and narrow, pleasant but not particularly impressive. Who cares if you're just there to see the sights? More important the room was clean and new-looking. The beds were very comfortable and we had everything we needed for a pleasant stay. If we returned shattered, the bar/restaurant downstairs was ideal, if limited and lacking a little atmosphere. The maid service was discreet and everything was cleaned regularly. We had the room opposite the elevator but were never disturbed - the whole place seemed deserted, even though at one point there was a party of teenagers staying. We never heard anything from the adjacent rooms and the view of Manhattan and the bridge at night from our room was spectacular. There was plenty of room for 3 of us. The staff greeted us warmly and were always helpful and efficient. The shuttle was useful for returning to the subway with our cases but that was the only time we used it. It was a little tricky to find on arrival as it is actually round the corner in Vernon, despite what the address implies. If leaving the subway, walk towards the city lights/towers and river in the distance, down the hill. The hotel name is visible above the buildings on the right before you find it. Hope this helps but I would recommend the shuttle for ease. It is a quiet, once industrial area which is next to develop into the hottest part of town we understand. In the meantime we never felt at all threatened, even if some parts of the area were a bit grotty. Near the 23rd & Ely Street/Court Street subway station (depends on the line) are several small restaurants and diners - recommend East River diner (just up the road) for breakfast and Court Street Diner for everything (this was recently shown on TV in Person of Interest!).There is also a snack bar/takeaway next door to the hotel for quick breakfasts/lunches/snacks if the restaurant downstairs doesn't tickle your fancy. We also strolled about 15 minutes up Vernon and found a diner without a name right on the corner by the Jackson/Vernon subway station which was really art deco atmospheric and very pleasant for breakfast. Also in this area were several different restaurants, mexican, french etc for variety if you need them. We wandered around at night with no worries - never saw anyone lurking about; in fact several locals offered us help when we looked lost, in the most friendly way. It was our first time there and we thought they were lovely. In summary this was a very pleasant hotel to use for sightseeing in New York and a fraction of the price compared to Manhattan. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for one with a view of Manhattan and the higher the floor, the quieter it gets. Ice...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as on a daily basis our goal is to make our guests have the best visit to NYC they can. Hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a very pleasant stay over the week at the Wyndham Garden in Long Island New York. I was a bit worried about how to get to time square, because it was my first being in new york. When i reached the hotel i was greeted with a warm welcome by an employee named Franklin, later i found out he was the shuttle driver because he took me to the subway several times and he even gave me info about how to get back so i wouldn't get lost!! When i went to check in at the hotel, there were 3 employees by the desk and one of them was the most helpful of all, his name was Dontay! He did a great job with the check-in process, very quick, proffesional and enthusiastic about his job. He explained in detail what were the hotel ammenities and sorroundings. I felt as if i was at home in chicago. He made me feel very welcomed and accomodated my requests. Also housekeeping did a great job, they replaced my towels and any toiletttries that were necessary. I know i will come back here in the future. I will also most definetly recommend this hotel to my co-workers friends and family. These 2 particular employees went above and beyond to ensure i was fine. Thank you guys a lot!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as on a daily basis our goal is to make our guests have the best visit to NYC they can. We are very happy you had such a great visit.

Been to Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel? Share your experiences!