“Convenient property in Queens and adjacent to Manhattan...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44-29 9th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed for a week for business. It was modern, clean and staff was great. The view is fantastic and there are plenty of places to eat in walking distance or their shuttle drivers will happily take you. Restaurant on the ground level was excellent Italian and not too expensive. I will stay here again if needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We sincerely appreciate it and look forward you visiting us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stay in New York City frequently and in the USA a lot. I booked this trip with two nights through Expedia and 8 nights through the hotel directly. I wanted to ensure I had a great view of the city including the Empire State Building and checked this with the hotel prior to my arrival.

When I arrived I checked in and was required to pay an extra $50 per night as a deposit despite them having my credit card details. I've never had this happen before. I was also told they had merged the two "stays" together so that i wouldn't be disturbed when the booking changes after two days. Then I was told the restaurant was downstairs and breakfast served up until 10am. I asked if breakfast was included in the room rate and told yes it was. We went to the room to discover a view of a power station and unattractive buildings. The room itself is very nice and comfy but the view was poor and I certainly could not see the Empire State Building.

The first morning we went down for breakfast at 9.45 to be told the restaurant was closed for breakfast for the day despite being told otherwise. Another guest was also having a similar problem.

The next day we went for breakfast and was charged $31 for it as the restaurant, who are a different company said it isn't included in the room which the reception then confirmed despite being told otherwise on check in.

After the first two nights we were also called in the room at 11.30 and asked to check-out. I explained that we had a further 8 nights here booked directly with the hotel and the chap said we had to physically come down to check out and re-check in again. I was not happy about this and eventually he saw on his computer that the original receptionist had checked us in for the entire stay. He apologised for disturbing us but a quick check beforehand would have saved annoying me and causing this argument.

Sad to say I won't be staying here again, I've stayed in lots of better hotels which have been significantly cheaper and the "view" isn't worth the extra money. I've got two other parties staying here at the same time and I feel embarrassed that I suggested they book this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We are truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do strive to make all our guests happy and apologize for the glitches. We understand we may not be the right hotel for you and again are sorry you did not have the experience you were looking for. In regards to your breakfast, Even though we do not offer free breakfast nor advertise that we do offer it, the 31.00 breakfast charge was removed from your bill as a courtesy of the hotel and restaurant. There may have been a misunderstanding and we do apologize for the communication error as our agents do say we offer breakfast downstairs in our restaurant, but it is not complimentary.

We do have view rooms, but do not advertise them as views of the Empire State Building. We boast views of the Queens Borough Bridge and Upper East Side of Manhattan and the developing part of LIC area.

Again we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful place to stay. Still reasonably new, and only 10mins from Manhattan on the subway. They are only too pleased to pick you up from the subway on return (and drop you in). Picked us up in the middle of a snowstorm - awesome service, and a great relief at the time.
Really the only reason we didn't give excellent was because they couldn't provide us with plain tea bags, only herbal teas. Some ordinary breakfast teas would have been appreciated. Having said that, the little coffee maker was great - really easy and quick, with nice coffee.
Don't expect a beautiful view, it's really quite industrial, but a nice view of the bridge.
Surprisingly quiet considering how close it is to Manhattan.
I'd definitely return, and also recommend it to friends.

• Stayed March 2013
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We really appreicate your review and are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us in the near future. Thank you again very much!

Been to Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel? Share your experiences!