“nice Queens hotel digs.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

You added Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   44-29 9th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful place to stay. Still reasonably new, and only 10mins from Manhattan on the subway. They are only too pleased to pick you up from the subway on return (and drop you in). Picked us up in the middle of a snowstorm - awesome service, and a great relief at the time.
Really the only reason we didn't give excellent was because they couldn't provide us with plain tea bags, only herbal teas. Some ordinary breakfast teas would have been appreciated. Having said that, the little coffee maker was great - really easy and quick, with nice coffee.
Don't expect a beautiful view, it's really quite industrial, but a nice view of the bridge.
Surprisingly quiet considering how close it is to Manhattan.
I'd definitely return, and also recommend it to friends.

• Stayed March 2013
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We really appreicate your review and are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us in the near future. Thank you again very much!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I just went back to this hotel on a spur of the moment visit to NYC on March 21. This is a great hotel, hence why I chose to stay at it again. Ramona was so helpful and accommodating. My flight had gotten moved from LaGuardia to Newark and I was able to call and get everything I needed answered, answered and when I stepped off the plane, I felt so at ease, knowing how simple it would be to get there and get in. They even had an ATM machine available so I could pay the car driver since I didn't have cash on me-- that made it so much easier and safer than the car guy driving all over at 1 am trying to find an ATM, and for me to have to get out at night.

This will probably always be my hotel of choice every visit I take to NYC. The rooms are nice and the bed was clean and comfy. Love the shower as well (even though it has no bathtub) it is still very nice with glass shower doors and I love their vanity... I recommend this still to anyone looking for a good value- that's still about 3-4 blocks from the subway...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Thank you!!!!

We are so glad you came back to see us again. We also very much appreciate you sharing your experience a second time around. Our goal is to provide that type of consistent service and are thrilled that we did just that.

When you do come back again please let us know as we do have some rooms that have bathtubs in them and would be happy to make sure you get one as long as they are available.

Thank you again so much and hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent prices and not far from the city! Clean rooms and friendly staff. Only downside was no complimentary coffee downstairs :( overall very pleased with my stay. I will definitely stay again and recommend to others!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We do offer complimentary coffee available in all our guest rooms, but just not in our lobby. Due to space contraints we do make sure we alway provide ample coffee in the guest rooms.

We hope you will come visit us again soon.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The room wasn't quite big enough for two large single beds, but we made it work.

The hot water wasn't working when we arrived but was taken care of promptly.

The bathroom had a broken bulb but it was soon replaced.

The safe stopped working but was quickly fixed.

Little things. Not the kind of things to bother me.

Clean, bright, modern, comfortable, affordable. Good wifi, good water pressure, iPod speaker dock, interesting neighbourhood with some great restaurants less than ten minutes walk and, just around the corner, the Manhattan skyline. Very helpful and flexible staff, taxis arrived quickly, $25 to LaGuardia.

I like it.

Room Tip: It's generally a quiet neighbourhood and the windows are good. Rooms on the high floors have vie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and do apologize for the minor glitches. We are very happy to see that those issues were corrected promptly. We very much look forward to having you back with us and just so you and our future guests know we do have larger rooms that you can book if you feel that room was a bit tight for you. The large rooms are at a higher cost, but I think will meet your needs.

Thank you again so much for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Glenview
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very uncomfortable bedding and pillow. The walls were thin. The front desk "confused" my reservation though they had it up on their computer. The front desk couldn't give me a clear answer to my questions or problems. Did not feel welcome and I do not want to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and are sorry you did not feel welcome. Our goal is to make all our guests feel welcome. We hope you will try us again. As you see by our other reviews an unwelcoming experience is not what we provide on a consistent basis.

If you would be so kind to contact the hotel and let us know what room you were in as the bedding and pillow comment comes as a great shock to us. We get mulitples of inquiries as to how to purchase the type of mattress and pillows all our guest rooms have. We would like to know what room that was so we can inspect it and see if there is an issue of some kind.

Thank you so much for your feedback and we wish you the best.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. I stayed there with my son for 3 nights because he was moving to NYC and we had to look for an apartment. When we checked in the staff was very friendly and called us once we got to our room to make sure it was satisfactory. Every evening and morning they greeted us and asked us about our day. They were very friendly and if we needed any help or suggestions, I am sure they would have been more than happy to help us.
The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable.
The last day we were there, we went into Manhattan. It was very easy from this hotel. They do have a shuttle but we walked to the subway stop.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted you shared you experience with everyone and we very much look forward to you coming back to see us when you come visit your son.

Been to Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel? Share your experiences!