“NYC Business” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44-29 9th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Long Island City

610 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend. The shuttle was a great option. It took us and picked us up from the train. The train was one stop away from Manhattan.

The property was clean and the people were friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Our daily goal is to make our guests have the best visit they can to NYC. We hope you come back and see us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I work for Citibank and commute up to LIC on business. While normally I'm a five star hotel person, I wanted a hotel that was closer to the office, but didn't want a cheap, dirty place. On this trip I booked at this hotel and I can guarantee you I will be back again. The staff is phenomenal, providing the level of service of a five star mid-town place. Rooms very clean, comfortable, and a restaurant right down stairs. Shuttle service is a plus! Keep up the great job and you have a loyal guest!!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We very much look forward to your next visit with us and hope that will be soon.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked this room for my boyfriend's birthday and we had a blast! room was nice and clean, bed was VERY comfortable, and it was quiet. I would definitely recommend this place!

I didn't get to check out the free breakfast or restaurants in the area :( I wish I did lol we just ordered out and relaxed in the room all night. My boyfriend and I are looking to come back for Valentine's day

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy you had such a lovely stay with us. We are always striving to make sure every guest enjoys our hotel. We also are excited you will be coming back to stay with us for Valentine's Day. We will see you and your Boyfriend soon and thank you again for the great review.
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked this hotel in September, 2 months before my staying in NYC. They charged my credit card for the total ammount plus taxes. It was everything ok. I was sure that everything was paid and I was just waiting for my trip to the City. The cancelled the booking just one week before my check-in! I had to get to NYC in a period of high-season and obviosuly the hotels were amost all fully-booked and the last rooms available were very expensive. I can undesrstand that the hotel was destroyed by Sally but they had other 2 hotels in New York City so that we could get there, but they didn't care about our booking. They prefer to loose the guests. It has been a horrible experience also because they didn't apologize with us. They had just contacted Booking.com that contacted us. I will never recommed this hotel and this chain!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This past weekend we went to visit our daughter who lives in Long Island City. We wanted to stay at a hotel near her apartment and very hesitantly choose the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Long Island City. We were so pleasantly surprised at how nice, clean and modern the room was. The furniture in the room was simple but modern and clean. The bed was comfortable but the pillow was hard. The bathroom was very clean and modern. It was well supplied with toiletries. The price per night was a fraction of similar hotels in Manhattan, just a mile away. The staff at the front desk was polite and friendly. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC. We will be sure to give you that same experience again.
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed two nights toward end of October following cruise out of port of New York to Canada. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful, especially Dante, who made us feel right at home. Location is only three train stops from Manhattan and we actually were able to take a nice walk to the station. Shuttle from hotel picked us up at the station after spending Sunday touring NY City. Family owned restaurant La Famiglia is fantastic food on location. Owner Laura was really friendly and went out of her way to make sure our meals were enjoyable. We ate both dinners there. No need to go anywhwere else. Also very clean rooms and comfortable beds. Price is about half of Manhattan prices.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer more quiet and nicer view of city
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. Our goal is to make sure all our guests have an amazing stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC.

Been to Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel? Share your experiences!