“GREAT stay...highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

You added Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
manhattan beach, ca
“GREAT stay...highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights on business. With this being a hotel not in Manhattan (since Manhattan prices are now over $350/night and this place cost $189/night was a bargain ), I was somewhat concerned with what I was going to be walking into. Needless to say, I was quite blown away by the quality and service from this place.

The hotel is modern, clean and very efficient. The rooms are not huge compared to what I would be used to in California but are quite spacious for NYC. The decor was lovely and chic, without the usual hotel-issued furniture, carpet, etc. Fitness room was small but I think its a NYC standard.

Staff was amazing. Check in was super efficient and front desk people are warm and helpful. Shuttle to the subway was a super plus. Make sure to call the hotel if you need a pick up from the shuttle at night which I forgot to do one night so I had to walk back to the hotel (not bad walk though which took about 5 minutes). Neighborhood looked somewhat questionable for me being an out-of-towner but it turned out to be very safe and fun. Lots of great restaurants and bar just a few blocks away (THANKS to front desk for the great dining suggestions!).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We sincerely appreicate you letting everyone know about your great stay at our brand new property located in Long Island City. We hope you can come back and visit us again soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights this past week and it was perfect! The property is less than 4 months old, so everything is new! The rates are super reasonable compared to other areas in the city and as others have said it's very close to the subway stations. The city view isn't great, but better than not at all. Tons of TV channels. Room size was fine, super comfortable bed & nice bathroom. The reviewers that gave this property a "terrible" complained ONLY about location, which, yes, seems like it could be dangerous depending on what you are used to. It was also my initial thought, but then I realized that I was comparing it to what I'm used to in my little town of less than 5,000 people! Free parking on the street wasn't difficult to find spots.

We had breakfast 2 mornings on the way to the subway at a corner diner called East River Cafe and it was $11 or $12 for the 2 of us and great food & service!

I do have complaints, but we still loved the place. We arrived before our room was ready but they gave us a different room so we could check in early, which I loved! However, I'm a Wyndham Rewards member, and I think I'm supposed to receive bottles of water each day and I received none during our entire stay. I felt a little cheated...

Then, we were having such a good time we inquired about staying there another night. They offered us a much higher rate for the extra night and we would've had to move to another room. I'm not sure why the guest that would've been booked into our room couldn't be bumped into another room just like we were at check-in, but I figured if I had to pack up and unpack again, it defeated my goal... And, in addition to that, our room wasn't cleaned after the 2nd night. At all. Housekeeping had gone into our room and retrieved some of the used towels/washcloths, but then left and didn't return to make up the bed, refresh soaps, coffee, etc. That made me just mad enough that we didn't even want to stay there one more night.

Some reviewers mentioned the location was hard to find and that is true, it is. But it's because it's new and probably not on GPS yet. If you maybe try to find the East River Cafe and walk 2 blocks toward the City, then turn right one block, that might help. Otherwise it is an industrial area with no real points to use as reference.

All-in-all, it is really the perfect property. I would return there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very gracious review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in our brand new hotel in Long Island City. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We booked this hotel before it actuality opened, not knowing what to expect. This hotel isn't a disappointment. It takes 7 minutes to get from this newly build hotel to the subway, with a direct connection to Times Square, 5th and Grand Central. The rooms are clean and large, nothing wrong with. The staff is friendly.

Breakfast is not included, but we did try it once at the hotel restaurant. There was nothing wrong with the food, but service was disappointing. Once we finished our eggs, the bread finally arrived.

This hotel is perfect for a short stay in New York City!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We are delighted that you were so happy with your stay with us and we appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone. We will be sure to let the restaurant know about the glitch you experienced and make sure it get's corrected right away!

Thank you again so much and hope you see you at our hotel soon on your next visit to NYC!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We just checked out of the hotel which we stayed for five days, the price was ideal $139 two double beds a night for a room with a city view, I would not pay extra for this as the view really was not a clear view of the city but it was a special on their website and was actually $10 cheaper than my original reservation.

The area is very safe and I never once felt scared or nervous while we were there, half the time we walked to the subway which is a decent walk, ten minutes. The other times when we were too tired we called the shuttle which is free of charge by the Hotel and they pick up/ drop off every half hour to three different subway locations.

The staff was always very friendly and gave good advice on where to eat and directions.

The rooms were spotless as it is a new hotel, yes on the small side but still very comfortable. The bathroom was actually a really good size! We always had plenty towels and clean sheets daily.

We will stay agian next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you can come visit us again very soon!
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I booked this hotel for my friends who were travel from Hong Kong. All they thought that the deal was much more better than staying in Manhattan. Only one subway stop away from Manhattan, less than 10 mins. walk from the hotel to E & M train station. By spending 15 mins on travel they can save $200 from staying in Manhattan. The staffs were nice and helpful. They can help you on how to explore the neighborhood. The internet was fast and they got endless TV channels. They even got the chinese channels and my friends couldn't have enought sleep because they were watching TV for the whole night. Not all the rooms have the city view and my friends blamed me that I didn't book the city view for them. They went to the front desk and paid $35 per night to upgarde to the city view room. The view was so good and they thought it is worthful. The only thing that my friends dislike was the hotel restaurant. The breakfast is over price, the food on the lunch manual is greasy, and they are not opened for dinner. The gym room is tiny too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled your guests enjoyed their stay with us.

We are sorry they felt the breakfast price was high, but we would like our guests to know they are in line with pricing for breakfasts at all the neighborhood eateries. The restaurant wanted to keep their prices below what you would normally find at hotels (which is usually much higher pricing). The only thing they do make automatic is gratuity which is standard at most hotels. The cuisine for the restaurant is Italian and very homemade style. For lunch there are a lot of great hero style sandwiches, but also some other healtheir items on the menu that we highly recommend for our health concious travelers.

Thank you again so much and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I'll start off by saying that I lived in LIC, I'm a queens native, living in Beverly Hills, so obviously the neighborhood doesn't bother me. I loved this hotel! It was down the block from my old apartment so getting off the E train brought back a lot of memories for me. It's very close to everything. The train is just a few blocks away, so are all the restaurants and fun things on Vernon. We borrowed my parents car one night and were able to find street parking very close to the hotel. My only complaint is that we did book a view room and when we arrived they told us they were out of view rooms. It was graduation weekend and we arrived late so I understood. The staff who were all young looking did have a bit of "deer in headlights" look when I pressed them to find us another room with a view. The room was nice, new everything, the construction is a little eh. You can see the seams of wallpaper and the shelves under the sink was just a few pieces of 2x4's. But honestly, this is a great little hotel in my old neighborhood with staff who is trying to please- it's a really great value as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. I am sorry about the room with a view situation. We normally do make sure that a guest gets what they booked so I am would love if you could contact me at the hotel so I can see what happened. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to fabulous LIC, NYC!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The staff are very friendly to us. They are very helpful. The location is great and close to subway. It's only 10 mins walk. There are many nice restaurants & bars around too. We had a great time staying there with the new room and great view of Manhattan. It's excellent choice for business travel. The only bad thing is they can't provide room service at night because the restaurant is not open for dinner yet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your great review. We want to let you know the restaurant is working feverishly to get the dinner service going and hope to have it up soon. We do have multiples of restaurants in the area that deliver high quality and not just fast food and will provide you with that information should you need it.

Thank you again so much for the great review and hope to see you soon!

Been to Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel? Share your experiences!