“Nice Hotel with Easy Access to Manhattan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

You added Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44-29 9th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Burke, Virginia
“Nice Hotel with Easy Access to Manhattan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had to find a last minute hotel to stay at for one night while in NYC. This hotel was very easy to get to from downtown Manhattan, however I was there on a Sunday night. It was clean, the rooms were furnished with updated furniture, had very comfotable bedsand free wifi. There is parking on site for $25 but I found that there were plentry of spots on the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We sincerely appreciate your very nice review of our hotel. We thank you for pointing out what an amazing and convenient location we have to Manhattan. We hope on your next visit back you can also discover what wonderful things there are to do in Long Island City and Queens as well.

Thank you again very kindly and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I were in the area apartment hunting over the weekend and we decided to try Mia Famiglia this time around. I have to say of the few times we have visited this area the restaurants around have been OK but nothing remarkable. Mia Famiglia was wonderful! So much so that if we take the apartment they will have guests for life. The food was fresh, with generous portions and was also reasonably priced. The staff were attentive, warm and very friendly. We had the Grilled Portabella appetizer and the Clams Oreganata. The flavor of the Portabella and gorgonzola is something quite addictive! I have never had that anywhere before, and have been craving it ever since! My husband and I both agreed we will be ordering that each time we return! The Clams Oreganata were also quite delicious... we had requested extra bread for dipping (I wiped the plate clean).... I'm not a big eater so I decided to pick from my husband knowing I'd be full from the appetizers. He ordered a Naples Burger. Let me tell you... you will be amazed at the sheer size of this thing! It is a 12oz burger (hello 16oz is a pound people) and it had proscuitto, roasted peppers, and melted mozzarella on top... I couldn't help but ask for a bite.... WOW.... That burger was FULL of flavor.... Mia Famiglia just adopted another two children and we will be home for dinner real soon :) Try this spot... you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you so much for the amazing review. We are over joyed that you had such an amazing dining experience and Mia Familigia LIC. We will share that with the owners of the Restaurant. On a daily basis the buzz is spreading about their amazing food and expect that trend to continue. Thank you of course for staying at our brand new hotel and we look forward to welcoming you to this very fun neighborhood when you move here. Every day folks are moving to Long Island City based on it's super convenience to Manhattan and all the bars and restaurants, especially around the area of the hotel on Vernon Boulevard.

We wish you the best of luck in your apartment search.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel for the price. The neighborhood was ok good food and subway station just a couple of blocks away. I had a small issue with the hot water not being hot and they resolved the issue and upgraded me for my trouble. The window view was great, specially in dusk. Room was in great shape and the bathroom was more than I expected. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. One tip though, until google maps gets updated, bookmark your hotel when in your room. Every time we copied the address and used gps to find our way back, it would tell us to go somewhere else. We wound up walking to the ravel hotel from the subway stop our first night because of google maps.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights, 4 days...

The good:

-Subway (E, G, M, 7) is about 4 blocks away. When you exit the hotel from the front, go LEFT. If you go right, it takes a couple of blocks longer. Took us a couple of days to figure it out lol. It's about a 15-20 min ride into the city, depending on where you're going).
-Beautiful, clean rooms.
-Bath and body works toiletries. Sorry- I'm a shower toiletries snob. :)
-Staff at the front desk were very helpful and accommodating (see one bad below)
-Close to food and stores

The bad:

-If you are paying with a debit card, they want to charge you upfront for the entire stay. However, the staff was understanding and put a hold then released the funds and allowed me to pay at the end (the way I had budgeted for this trip, I had planned on paying at the end as I got paid again the day before checkout. The money I had at check-in was for spending/playing/eating in NYC).
-No blackout curtains like most hotels, so it was BRIGHT every morning. Like, blinding.
-The remote to the TV didn't work... Luckily we had the laptop with Hulu, etc.
-They don't call taxis. It's a car service, which is hella expensive. Call yourself a cab and you can get to the lower east side for $15 plus tip.
-One side of LIC is nice... Businesses, condos, etc. this hotel is in the middle of a crappy area. Random new hotel in an industrial wasteland.
-Breakfast is $16/pp. it's powdered eggs, fatty bacon, cereal, and yogurt. You're better off going down the street to Tazo.

I'll probably stay in Brooklyn next time, but it wasnt a bad experience.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are sorry you experienced a few glitches. As far as payment all hotels require hold on the credit card upon check-in. We need to confirm that funds are there to cover the cost of the room. Again, that is an industry wide procedure.

Please note we always have extra batteries and remote controls for the TV’s should guests have an issue we encourage guests to contact us with any needs so we can recitfy them immediately.

Our neighborhood is quite an eclectic mixed use area. One side of our hotel is the Industrial/Corporate area that is quickly developing while the other side is all restaurants, shops and high end residential, we definitely are great area and not in the middle of anything bad, we promise! We feature in our area many loft buildings with great artist studios and museums. Just ask us and we will guide you to our amazing neighborhood.

We have removed the Breakfast Buffet Completely as we were not satisfied that it met the high standards we require and now serve only an A la Carte Menu at very reasonable prices.

Lastly, we do have a car service that provides high quality town cars at reduced rates for our hotel guests. There are less expensive car services, but we do not recommend them because we require professional attire and high quality cars. Guests are more than welcome to contact other less expensive car service companies, but we do not recommend them. Please call cannot be called in NYC as they do not have dispatch services.

Thank you again for your feedback as we use all reviews to correct any glitches so that they may not occur again.
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel 5 nights in May. This was my third time in N.Y and if I wanted to stay in Manhattan I could do it, but much higher price.

I would recommend this hotel absolutely. Before we get there, I was little bit scary about area, but when we got there I noticed that area is just fine. Many nice restaurants in Vernon Boulevard and only 6 minute walk to nearest subway station. And near that same station (Court Sq. - 23st.) you can find many breakfast places also.

Room was very clean, and if we had any questions or problems, staff helped immidiately. We had problems with safety box, but they CHANGED it for us! Also the Manhattan View was really superb.

Only 1 stop from Manhattan for this price - you can not get better deal than this!

My choice is absolutely clean hotel outside of Manhattan rather than dirty and small room in Manhattan. And I know I can get good hotel from Manhattan, but I am not ready to pay 200-400 dollars per night. Also we were really happy to see something else than only Manhattan. I really recommend this hotel, N.Y needs more this kind of hotels because in Manhattan quality/price level is ridiculous. :-(

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
We would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of our hotel. We always appreciate the feedback and are estatic that you let everyone know about your great stay with us.

As you mentioned there are some great breakfast place in the neighborhood, but we want everyone to know we also have a fantastic restaurant as well that offers an amazing breakfast at great prices.

Thank you again so much and we hope you come back and visit us again soon!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel from May 21-25. I was a bit skeptical at first with this hotel being a bit out of the city, but it was pretty easy to catch a taxi from LGA airport to get to it. I was warned before hand the taxi ride would cost me about 30 bucks, but ended up only being around 16 (not including tip) so that was okay. I don't know if this depended on the time I went (1 pm). The area is to be desired,because it is a bit run down, but it was fairly quiet. but the hotel was very nice. Basic amenities, tho it does have a workout space. The subway Court sq (23rd st) is a few blocks within walking distance, so that was a big plus.The hotel does offer a shuttle service to the Subway station, but it only runs at certain times, so it's probably quicker just to walk!! I felt safe as well on the walk to access it -(which is a big plus being a woman) I could get on the E train into Times Square and was fairly easy to use the Subway once becoming accustomed to it. The only downside I found was there werent too many taxi's running on the block, so I never really got to check out the surrounding shops/restaurants- but that was fine for me because I spent the majority of my time in the city. The hotel was nice, I had a king sized room with a view of the Queensborough Bridge (on the 5th floor). It was a pretty view at night, when you couldn't see the run down buildings from the day time. The hotel room was clean, I was very surprised how nice it was- because other reviews I had read about NY hotels, made them seem dingy and drab- but it was nice.The bed was large and comfortable!! And the thing that really made me feel as ease, was it had a built in safe in the closet, so I could leave my valuables locked up and feel safe when I was out of the room all day!! Staff was very accomodating with me- helping me with directions and even called the car service I used to get to the airport for my early 7 am flight.

The only warning I would heed- is that the hotel does charge 50 bucks a day on your credit card for amenities fees- so make sure you plan ahead for that so all your money isn't being held on a pending charge!!!

I would definately stay here again, especially since I know my way around now. The price was great and probably 1/3 of the price of staying in the city. The most money was spent using the subway, it charges 2.25 a ride, but you can buy subway cards, which I would recommend.

Room Tip: If you don't mind being outside of the city, this is a perfect hotel. Subway station is close, s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are estatic that we were able to meet your expectations. The hotel being brand new is located in a very safe and up and coming neighborhood with multiples of attractions within walking distance to the hotel and as convenient to Manhattan Via the subway.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to LIC, NYC!

Jeffrey
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stay at the Wyndham Long Island City NY for six day starting May 20, 2012. The staff of this hotel was very professional , there went beyond to make my visit to NYC a pleasant stay. The breakfast each morning was great. My friend and I was late for breakfast one morning, but the chef and the staff went beyond to make us happy. Everyday the shuttle take us to the train station and pick us up from the train station at night. I can,t say enough about this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel? Share your experiences!