“Great hotel, best value what you can get in N.Y” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel

You added Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44-29 9th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Helsinki, Finland
“Great hotel, best value what you can get in N.Y”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel 5 nights in May. This was my third time in N.Y and if I wanted to stay in Manhattan I could do it, but much higher price.

I would recommend this hotel absolutely. Before we get there, I was little bit scary about area, but when we got there I noticed that area is just fine. Many nice restaurants in Vernon Boulevard and only 6 minute walk to nearest subway station. And near that same station (Court Sq. - 23st.) you can find many breakfast places also.

Room was very clean, and if we had any questions or problems, staff helped immidiately. We had problems with safety box, but they CHANGED it for us! Also the Manhattan View was really superb.

Only 1 stop from Manhattan for this price - you can not get better deal than this!

My choice is absolutely clean hotel outside of Manhattan rather than dirty and small room in Manhattan. And I know I can get good hotel from Manhattan, but I am not ready to pay 200-400 dollars per night. Also we were really happy to see something else than only Manhattan. I really recommend this hotel, N.Y needs more this kind of hotels because in Manhattan quality/price level is ridiculous. :-(

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
We would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of our hotel. We always appreciate the feedback and are estatic that you let everyone know about your great stay with us.

As you mentioned there are some great breakfast place in the neighborhood, but we want everyone to know we also have a fantastic restaurant as well that offers an amazing breakfast at great prices.

Thank you again so much and we hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel from May 21-25. I was a bit skeptical at first with this hotel being a bit out of the city, but it was pretty easy to catch a taxi from LGA airport to get to it. I was warned before hand the taxi ride would cost me about 30 bucks, but ended up only being around 16 (not including tip) so that was okay. I don't know if this depended on the time I went (1 pm). The area is to be desired,because it is a bit run down, but it was fairly quiet. but the hotel was very nice. Basic amenities, tho it does have a workout space. The subway Court sq (23rd st) is a few blocks within walking distance, so that was a big plus.The hotel does offer a shuttle service to the Subway station, but it only runs at certain times, so it's probably quicker just to walk!! I felt safe as well on the walk to access it -(which is a big plus being a woman) I could get on the E train into Times Square and was fairly easy to use the Subway once becoming accustomed to it. The only downside I found was there werent too many taxi's running on the block, so I never really got to check out the surrounding shops/restaurants- but that was fine for me because I spent the majority of my time in the city. The hotel was nice, I had a king sized room with a view of the Queensborough Bridge (on the 5th floor). It was a pretty view at night, when you couldn't see the run down buildings from the day time. The hotel room was clean, I was very surprised how nice it was- because other reviews I had read about NY hotels, made them seem dingy and drab- but it was nice.The bed was large and comfortable!! And the thing that really made me feel as ease, was it had a built in safe in the closet, so I could leave my valuables locked up and feel safe when I was out of the room all day!! Staff was very accomodating with me- helping me with directions and even called the car service I used to get to the airport for my early 7 am flight.

The only warning I would heed- is that the hotel does charge 50 bucks a day on your credit card for amenities fees- so make sure you plan ahead for that so all your money isn't being held on a pending charge!!!

I would definately stay here again, especially since I know my way around now. The price was great and probably 1/3 of the price of staying in the city. The most money was spent using the subway, it charges 2.25 a ride, but you can buy subway cards, which I would recommend.

Room Tip: If you don't mind being outside of the city, this is a perfect hotel. Subway station is close, s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are estatic that we were able to meet your expectations. The hotel being brand new is located in a very safe and up and coming neighborhood with multiples of attractions within walking distance to the hotel and as convenient to Manhattan Via the subway.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to LIC, NYC!

Jeffrey
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stay at the Wyndham Long Island City NY for six day starting May 20, 2012. The staff of this hotel was very professional , there went beyond to make my visit to NYC a pleasant stay. The breakfast each morning was great. My friend and I was late for breakfast one morning, but the chef and the staff went beyond to make us happy. Everyday the shuttle take us to the train station and pick us up from the train station at night. I can,t say enough about this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Porto Alegre, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at WGLC for 8 nights and in general it was a good stay. I cannot say excelent due to 2 reasons:
1) when we first arrived in our room, the smell of cigarrette smoke was something unpleasant but fortunately it was only for the first night. the day after it was quite ok. (I booked a non smoking room)
2) in the 3rd day our room was not cleaned and we had to do it ourselves.
3) I had booked a king bed room with a manhattan view and they had put us in another room wich had no view of manhattan.
4) in the last day, I noticed that there were bigger rooms available in my floor and with a good view to Queensboro bridge and part of manhattan. that was what got me disappointed with the hotel, and that's why I could not rate it as excelent.
5) there is no refrigerator in the room;
6) there is no room service.

but these things happen and mainly when we are talking about brand new hotels with new staff.

the location is excelent and just 3 blocks away from the subway station, wich there are 2 different lines taking you to manhattan just 1 stop away.
Neighborhood is calm and safe. nothing to worry about. when you are getting back to the hotel from the train station, the view you have from the skyline from manhattan is attonishing.

confortable beds, good bathroom and excelent TV.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel april 22-26 2012 and it was a great stay. After booking online, we called the hotel to reserve a crib for my daughter and they informed us they didn't have any but would acquire one for us. We also requested a manhattan view. When we got there and checked in, we ended up in a room without the manhattan view. We mentioned it to the front desk and they immediatly switched us, and were very appologetic. And the crib was indeed waiting for us in the room. The view was superb, especially at night. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the subway, and minutes away from manhattan only. They also offer a shuttle to the subway or places in the area.
They offered us free breakfast coupons for everyday of our stay, wich was amazing and so convenient.
The hotel has parking (for a fee) but we were easily able to find parking on the street for free, thanks to the advice of the great staff.
Every employee we met was great, and beyond. And I would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your very kind words about our brand new hotel. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our opening special of free breakfast. We offered that as a gesture to our first guests who stayed with us within the month of April, our opening Month. We sincerely hope you do return soon to visit and try out our Restaurant when it opens for Dinner Service as well in early June.

Our number one goal is to make sure all our guest have an amazing time when visitng NYC and we are thrilled we were able to make that happen for you.
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

After EXTENSIVE searching to find a reasonably priced, clean hotel, we were more than blessed. From the first phone call until we checked out it was amazing. The Staff from Housekeeping to Front Desk were, well....it was like they really liked us!!! They cared and went above and beyond their "duties". The room was C.L.E.A.N.! The view was directly across from Manhattan and the Queen's Burrow Bridge - so pretty at night. We stayed for 7 days, and for what we spent on hotel room for 7 days we would have gotten 3 days in Manhattan and we had a brand new room. I cannot say enough good things about our stay at this Wyndham Garden Hotel. I just hope it doesn't change because we were there to see our first and most precious Granddaughter, and plan to return often to watch her grow : ) Thank You Wyndham Garden Staff for making our "First Grandbaby Visit" so very nice!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. There is nothing a hotel likes to hear more than that a guest feels we are their "Home Away from Home". Everyday our goal is to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We are delighted we were able to acheive success in that on your visit with us and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here for two nights (April 27th & 28th), and couldn't have been happier with my stay.

Just as many others have mentioned, the hotel is in a great location. Its just outside of Manhattan so you don't have to pay those ridiculously overpriced rates of Manhattan. But its close enough that you can get to Manhattan with a short train ride. Also, the train station is very close to the Hotel, so you can even walk with your luggage to the Hotel. However, they do offer a shuttle service to and from the train station that runs frequently.

The hotel is brand new, and as expected, everything inside of it looks polished and very modern. We had a nice room on the 6th floor, with a Manhattan view, good sized flat screen tv, king sized bed, and a great washroom as well. The room also had a safe in it which was very handy.

However, more than anything else, the best part of this Hotel was the staff. They were so accommodating and friendly, that i dont know where to begin. I proposed to my girlfriend while i was in New York, and had to get some help from the staff. Not only were they incredibly nice about everything, but they also worked very hard to meet my requests. Lynne at the front desk took my initial email outlining my plans for my stay, and my requests. She was very personable and a great help. Thank you so much for all of your help, it made our trip that much better. And how could i forget Tico, the man himself! Tico went above and beyond to help me with my plans, and was an incredible help (including running up 6 stories of stairs, buy that's a whole other story lol). The entire staff was great, not a single complaint about a single one of them. Lynne and Tico just went the extra mile for us, and we truly appreciate it.

Don't hesitate to stay at this hotel, you will not regret it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
We would like to sincerely thank you for your wonderful review of our brand new hotel. We are delighted to see that our staff is going above and beyond expectations to make sure our guests are getting the service they deserve.

We hope that your experience will encourage you to come back and visit us soon and you let your friends and family know about our strive to make sure everyones visit to LIC, NYC is amazing!

Been to Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View Hotel? Share your experiences!