Stopped at this hotel on a USA roadtrip - easy access from the highway. Had to circle the block to enter the car park but we were pleased to find a space to park for free. Arrived at 10am so obviously couldn't check in but they let us leave our car. We walked the 10/15minutes up to the subway station - seemed pretty safe to us but we never did it after about 9pm.
The room was clean and the bathroom had everything we needed. The TV and wi-fi worked well for us. We weren't in the room a lot but didn't suffer from any bed-bug or noise-related issues. We also, perhaps naively, left our laptops, i-pads etc. in the room and they were still there everyday when we returned. The breakfast was pretty basic but we managed to grab bagels or muffins, even though there is nowhere near enough seating. Most people have to take it back to their rooms to eat. The woman in charge of breakfast was a lot less friendly than most of our breakfast experiences along our trip, it must be said.
Our biggest issues were that the phone in our room was completely non-functional, as was the hairdryer. This is a very basic hotel but I think these things should be checked as a standard.
Nevertheless, if you want to see all the sights in NYC and yet stay in a budget hotel, this will work well for you. We were two young females and always felt safe both in, and travelling to/from the hotel. Would not recommend if you want a luxury/particularly special trip to the city, but for a budget traveller I would definitely recommend, especially if you have a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York