A nice hotel easy access from the highway and nice and quiet, it felt safe and has a nice pool. The breakfast was good, so why unlucky? After an easy check in we went to our room which had a musty smell, I soon found the reason, the carpet by the bed was soaked, it must of been recently cleaned and was still wet. We were offered another room but just wanted to get to sleep after travelling a long way. When we pulled back the covers the matress was wet as well, by now we were past complaining so decided just to use the other bed which was fine. Next day the reception staff were very apologetic and said they would inform the manager of the problems we had found.
I am sure this was just a one off mistake and we could of moved rooms if we hadn't of been so tired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York