We stayed here during the weekend of the New York Marathon. Very good location and not nearly the price of staying on Manhattan. You can take the shuttle service to the nearby subway station and catch the Number 7 into Manhattan with little trouble. We chose to walk to and from the station and found the neighborhood part of the New York experience. We are small town people and this was all very different for us. We never felt unsafe, even when getting off the train late in the evening.
As for the hotel, it is a basic property, average hotel breakfast, average cleanliness for NY, helpful and pleasant staff. It is right by the freeway, but with the fan of the AC unit on it never bothered our sleep. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Queens Long Island City, New York