During the summer months, we visited NYC and decided to stay outside of Manhattan to keep the cost down. And this hotel definetely was affordable.
With free parking and breakfast, it is an awesome value. Breakfast may be crowded at times, but you can easily take your yogurt, bagel, etc to your room. Although no 'hot' items, it was plenty to get you started for the day.
Parking was outdoor at the back of the hotel. Beware if you are driving a larger van or truck (I guess you should beware to take a large vehicle into NYC anyways). We arrived on a Sunday evening, and had plenty of parking spots to choose from (we didnt move the car until checkout) but did noticed that one night it was all full. Not sure what arrangements were for those that couldnt park on the property.
Rooms are sufficient. And with adequate fridge & microwave. Our shower takes a long time to heat up. Free hotel shuttle to the nearby subway station (20 min subway ride into Times Square) or about a 10min walk. Near the subway station was McDonald's and many other restaurants, also a 24hr diner.
Staff are always helpful, and polite. We would stay here again if we ever visit NYC again. (not really our type of city, or travel destination)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York