“Affordable, free parking & Breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3805 Hunters Point Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly Queensboro Hotel)   |
Ranked #20 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Toronto, Canada
“Affordable, free parking & Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

During the summer months, we visited NYC and decided to stay outside of Manhattan to keep the cost down. And this hotel definetely was affordable.
With free parking and breakfast, it is an awesome value. Breakfast may be crowded at times, but you can easily take your yogurt, bagel, etc to your room. Although no 'hot' items, it was plenty to get you started for the day.
Parking was outdoor at the back of the hotel. Beware if you are driving a larger van or truck (I guess you should beware to take a large vehicle into NYC anyways). We arrived on a Sunday evening, and had plenty of parking spots to choose from (we didnt move the car until checkout) but did noticed that one night it was all full. Not sure what arrangements were for those that couldnt park on the property.
Rooms are sufficient. And with adequate fridge & microwave. Our shower takes a long time to heat up. Free hotel shuttle to the nearby subway station (20 min subway ride into Times Square) or about a 10min walk. Near the subway station was McDonald's and many other restaurants, also a 24hr diner.
Staff are always helpful, and polite. We would stay here again if we ever visit NYC again. (not really our type of city, or travel destination)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof Inn,
Please take my apologies for the inconvenience about the mold we take a quick action on this issues. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Tiny efficient room with a fridge & microwave. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. They do not allow check-in before 3pm. No room to store luggage other than sitting in the open lobby. Bathroom had new sink & counter top but black mold around the bathtub edges. No restaurants nearby. About five blocks/15 min walk from the subway got old after walking all day in NYC. Cab from LaGuardia was less than twenty dollars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Please take my apologies for the inconvenience about the mold we take a quick action on these issues, also we do allow to do early C/I but this depending if we have rooms available from de night before, I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Obtained very good rates through Expedia and was not sure what to expect on arrival. Room was good size, clean and although facing the main road I was unable to hear the traffic noise. Had problem with shower rail which I pointed out to reception and amazingly it was put right when I returned later. Breakfast was plentiful, well prepared and good standard. The only people I heard complaining were AMERICANS wHo I think expected to be offered a whole steak with extras for breakfast. Seating could be a problem but with patience a seat always became available.

I was worried about being out late in NY but the 10 minute walk back to the hotel from the subway was well lit and appeared to be very safe.

Would definitely stay again. Well done.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service,

Red Roof Inn – Queens
Halls Head
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a pleasant stay here for 4 days and really had no problems. everything looked pretty clean to me and room size was adequate. The staff were helpful in general and overall friendly.If your looking for a good standard everyday place this is fine. 10 minute walk to subway.

Room Tip: Room on the opposite side of the freeway side the best bet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Red Roof Inn – Queens
Hawthorne, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for one week. this hotel was actually better then i thought.
it is average and their is a lot of stuff near by. Mcdonalds,White Castle,Burger king and more restaurants. the subway station wasn't to far away and their is a local bus that takes you to the local mall. The only thing that was bad was that the sheets were stained when we got there but they changed them for us. Next time I come visit i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Please take my apologies for the inconvenience about the stain on the sheets but I’m glad the our staff fixed this inconvenience, I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for a week. I must say I really liked everything about this place. It was clean the rooms had recently been upgraded. It was very comfortable and clean. They are also one of the few places in the area that allow a dog. Hotel is in a nice area with lots of restaurants close by. Try the Ecuadorian Seafood restaurant around corner very good. The downside was I stayed on the front side of hotel that faces the Long Island Expressway with an off ramp that empties on to road right in front on entrance. This made it very noisy at all times of day. I prefer to open windows instead of A/C but this was impossible. I could not hear myself think window open. Get a room on backside of hotel to avoid this. I would definitely stay here again just in back.

Room Tip: Get a room on backside of hotel to avoid Freeway noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Please take my apologies for the inconvenience about the noise, to avoided this situation we have install a double windows and this second window is sound prove, I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team

tokyo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Better sleep in your car or in a park then here. It's a place with people which act like animals. Half of the building is faceing the highway and is really loud. The breakfast is terrible! Everything is dirty. The only good thing is the subway, which is not too far away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!