“Average hotel off the beaten path” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3805 Hunters Point Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly Queensboro Hotel)   |
Ranked #19 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Average hotel off the beaten path”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Tiny efficient room with a fridge & microwave. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. They do not allow check-in before 3pm. No room to store luggage other than sitting in the open lobby. Bathroom had new sink & counter top but black mold around the bathtub edges. No restaurants nearby. About five blocks/15 min walk from the subway got old after walking all day in NYC. Cab from LaGuardia was less than twenty dollars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof Inn,
Please take my apologies for the inconvenience about the mold we take a quick action on these issues, also we do allow to do early C/I but this depending if we have rooms available from de night before, I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Obtained very good rates through Expedia and was not sure what to expect on arrival. Room was good size, clean and although facing the main road I was unable to hear the traffic noise. Had problem with shower rail which I pointed out to reception and amazingly it was put right when I returned later. Breakfast was plentiful, well prepared and good standard. The only people I heard complaining were AMERICANS wHo I think expected to be offered a whole steak with extras for breakfast. Seating could be a problem but with patience a seat always became available.

I was worried about being out late in NY but the 10 minute walk back to the hotel from the subway was well lit and appeared to be very safe.

Would definitely stay again. Well done.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service,

Red Roof Inn – Queens
Halls Head
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a pleasant stay here for 4 days and really had no problems. everything looked pretty clean to me and room size was adequate. The staff were helpful in general and overall friendly.If your looking for a good standard everyday place this is fine. 10 minute walk to subway.

Room Tip: Room on the opposite side of the freeway side the best bet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Red Roof Inn – Queens
Hawthorne, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for one week. this hotel was actually better then i thought.
it is average and their is a lot of stuff near by. Mcdonalds,White Castle,Burger king and more restaurants. the subway station wasn't to far away and their is a local bus that takes you to the local mall. The only thing that was bad was that the sheets were stained when we got there but they changed them for us. Next time I come visit i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Please take my apologies for the inconvenience about the stain on the sheets but I’m glad the our staff fixed this inconvenience, I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for a week. I must say I really liked everything about this place. It was clean the rooms had recently been upgraded. It was very comfortable and clean. They are also one of the few places in the area that allow a dog. Hotel is in a nice area with lots of restaurants close by. Try the Ecuadorian Seafood restaurant around corner very good. The downside was I stayed on the front side of hotel that faces the Long Island Expressway with an off ramp that empties on to road right in front on entrance. This made it very noisy at all times of day. I prefer to open windows instead of A/C but this was impossible. I could not hear myself think window open. Get a room on backside of hotel to avoid this. I would definitely stay here again just in back.

Room Tip: Get a room on backside of hotel to avoid Freeway noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Please take my apologies for the inconvenience about the noise, to avoided this situation we have install a double windows and this second window is sound prove, I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team

tokyo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Better sleep in your car or in a park then here. It's a place with people which act like animals. Half of the building is faceing the highway and is really loud. The breakfast is terrible! Everything is dirty. The only good thing is the subway, which is not too far away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I went to this hotel with my girlfriend on a trip to New York. From the moment we walked in we could see that everything was very basic or to a minimum standard. Our room was very small but it was clean and the bed was comfortable (which I think are the most important factors for the room). One negative thing that I could say about the room is none of the furnishings really match or go together in the room. For example there was a small flat screen TV and it was placed on a cabinet that could fit a TV that is lot larger. The reason this is a problem is because the room is already small, if you have a huge cabinet taking up what little space you have then it can become a little frustrating. The TV in our room on the first day had very poor signal, but this didn't really affect us since we didn't watch any TV.Even though the room was small a desk would have been really useful, in my opinion it would have made a better feature rather then that large cabinet, however the space in the room is kind of limited, so not sure that a desk would even fit! The breakfast in this hotel was also very basic. It had cereal, croissants, muffins and waffles. In my opinion this is satisfactory, but the problem came when you need to find a place to sit. There are only about 6 tables and when there is a full hotel 6 tables is far too little and this was proved when we got out of the lift to see people eating their breakfast standing up!
Since we hired a car we required parking, the hotel provided free parking at the back of the hotel. There was spaces for about 40 cars, I always found that there were vacant spaces so no problem there :D.
The hotel also advertised that there was free Wifi. In the five days that we were staying there was only one morning where we could not connect but this didn't last long and when it worked it worked with no problems :D.
Conclusion: This hotel offers most things you would expect from a hotel, cleanliness, friendly staff and some form of breakfast. Even though the hotel is located across the road from an interstate even if you have a room overlooking it you can't really hear it. For the price we paid it was pretty good value. I would recommend this hotel for people who only want a bed for the night and a clean room and bathroom. There is not much to do in the area that the hotel is located or in the hotel itself. The nearest subway station is a 10-15 walk away, but from there (40th Street Station) it only takes about 15 minutes to get in Manhattan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Please take my apologies for any inconvenience, but we are in the process to remodel our hotel, now we just have finish the first part of renovation, we will start with the next process which will be the furniture, I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team