I went to this hotel with my girlfriend on a trip to New York. From the moment we walked in we could see that everything was very basic or to a minimum standard. Our room was very small but it was clean and the bed was comfortable (which I think are the most important factors for the room). One negative thing that I could say about the room is none of the furnishings really match or go together in the room. For example there was a small flat screen TV and it was placed on a cabinet that could fit a TV that is lot larger. The reason this is a problem is because the room is already small, if you have a huge cabinet taking up what little space you have then it can become a little frustrating. The TV in our room on the first day had very poor signal, but this didn't really affect us since we didn't watch any TV.Even though the room was small a desk would have been really useful, in my opinion it would have made a better feature rather then that large cabinet, however the space in the room is kind of limited, so not sure that a desk would even fit! The breakfast in this hotel was also very basic. It had cereal, croissants, muffins and waffles. In my opinion this is satisfactory, but the problem came when you need to find a place to sit. There are only about 6 tables and when there is a full hotel 6 tables is far too little and this was proved when we got out of the lift to see people eating their breakfast standing up!
Since we hired a car we required parking, the hotel provided free parking at the back of the hotel. There was spaces for about 40 cars, I always found that there were vacant spaces so no problem there :D.
The hotel also advertised that there was free Wifi. In the five days that we were staying there was only one morning where we could not connect but this didn't last long and when it worked it worked with no problems :D.
Conclusion: This hotel offers most things you would expect from a hotel, cleanliness, friendly staff and some form of breakfast. Even though the hotel is located across the road from an interstate even if you have a room overlooking it you can't really hear it. For the price we paid it was pretty good value. I would recommend this hotel for people who only want a bed for the night and a clean room and bathroom. There is not much to do in the area that the hotel is located or in the hotel itself. The nearest subway station is a 10-15 walk away, but from there (40th Street Station) it only takes about 15 minutes to get in Manhattan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Red Roof Inn, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York