“They don't honor their own coupon!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3805 Hunters Point Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly Queensboro Hotel)   |
Ranked #19 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
kentucky
“They don't honor their own coupon!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We found a coupon for a room while enroute to new York ........their website said they had parking, we arrived around midnight after an exhausting car ride...they wouldn't honor Thor coupon and all the parking was full. Ihad to park 3 streets away and walk. I was a little on edge because I encountered a drunk who was trying to break in someone's car. Then while at the front desk someone came in to complain about parking and desk clerk told them the same thing he told me.."park on the street then in the morning move to the parking lot when someone leaves" the lady turned to leave and the desk clerk held up his hand palm up and said "what you want to do park in my hand?" Our coffeepot didn't work either...however, on the flipside, housekeeping was great and the a/c worked great....we paid$59 more a night than advertised but we were too tired to go anywhere else....

• Stayed August 2013
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Queens Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience about the parking lot, but unfortunately we do have a limited amount of parking, and we can’t guaranty space for everyone, and about the coupon is available depending on or occupancy.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

truly yours,

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Edgerton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our stay was less than satisfactory. Despite some irritating things, due to the comfort and non postage stamp sized rooms, I was ready to give a better rating than I'd seen. Things went down quickly.

When the reservations were made, we specifically asked if there was luggage drop off available before check in, and were told that there was. Upon arrival, we found that this meant leaving bags unattended and unsecured in the lobby. No thanks!

Next, the continental breakfast did not have nearly enough food for a full house of individuals. An hour before breakfast was over, they were out of waffle mix…and milk...and most things. Even cereal was out as an option. They changed the milk about 10 minutes before breakfast was over.

The shuttle did not run on time most days.

The wifi didn't work in our first room. I didn’t mind sitting in the lobby, but the AC either wasn't on or was incredibly low, when the city was having record heat highs at night.

Finally, here is my true complaint. We were NOT notified that there would be construction RIGHT OUTSIDE OF OUR ROOM. They are redoing the hallway floors…in our hall and in front of our room…in the morning…when guests were sleeping.

We requested a room change. The first room had a queen that was super comfy. The king upgrade was hard as a rock, but at least the wifi worked.

After the room change, we asked for room service, since we'd switched in the a.m. after more sleep and showers. That didn't happen.

We did receive a night back upon request, although it still isn't showing up on our account correctly. We have the adjusted amount on a receipt. I hope it isn't a pain to get it corrected if need be.

Also, we stayed in Manhattan the last time we visited. Staying in the Queens are made transportation a little more of a pain, but the walk to the local station went quickly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience about replacing the carpet at the hallway , but this type of jobs has to be done during the day, maybe start a 9:30 am is to early we will take on consideration in the future,

truly yours,

Brandon, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I took our twin grand daughters and a friend of theirs on their first visit to NYC, July 12-16th. We stayed at the Red Roof Inn Queens because we could find no comparable accommodations in Brooklyn, my former hometown. Close to expressways, LGA airport and subway (and Brooklyn). One room with 2 queen beds could accommodate us. Valentino at the front desk was very helpful in arranging free shuttle service to subway, ride to airport when we left and suggestion on where to go/eat locally. Driver also very helpful, as was the housekeeping staff. They kept room clean (three teenaged girls, you know what I mean). Had no problems with WiFi and it was free! There are two very good restaurants around the corner. One is Ecuadorian cuisine. The other, the WilliamsBurger, is excellent. Some of the best wings I have ever had and a Tuna burger to die for. I love to cook and eat so I am not kidding here. Very good breakfast served free to guests and service begins at 6:30am. All the staff very friendly and helpful. Oh, and the price was right, You get a lot for your money. The best bargain we have fonund in many years to travel to NYC. And do not be afraid by its location. It's 10 minutes via #7 train to Grand Central Station. Train begins run to Flushing at Times Square.

Room Tip: double queens and double doubles at back - very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel was just perfect it near JFK airport and with a car rental they provide free parking. It's 4 block or 15 minutes walk to # 7 train to Times Square in Manhattan. Morning complimentary breakfast was so so for I only eat Bagels of Red Roof Inn. The hotel is always full and busy (European Tourists) with free Wi-Fi. The hotel is in Long Island City, Queen just across Manhattan.

Room Tip: Room facing the parking (rear) Room facing the freeway(front) cemetery
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof, .

Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

we were looking for an affordable place to stay while visiting our son and his wife in Long Island City. We stayed here for five days near the end of June. Our room was at the end of the hall on the ground floor so it was very quiet. The room was clean, the furniture was older, but everything worked fine. One of the reasons we chose this motel was for the free parking, which was limited to a small fraction of the rooms. We found a place every day, but sometimes it was tight. There were two things we didn't like. The breakfast area was not very big and on the days we were there it was very crowded with large families with lots of kids - not the fault of the Red Roof Inn. It is also about a half mile to the subway. They have a shuttle but it fills up fast and stops about 8pm. We walked back from the subway around 11pm and didn't feel uncomfortable walking in the neighborhood at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Picked this hotel for my friend simply because it's affordable and close to my home. Didn't expect much but turned out that we were happy with everything pretty much. The room was old and dark but clean. No yucky smell. The cleaning staff really did a great job.

Bed was comfortable. Hot water. Refrigerator. Microwave. All we needed were there. Never had breakfast there but they do provide basic breakfast items like cereals, yogurts. Juice and coffee available the whole day.

Parking lot at the back but it's also easy to find street parking. They also provide shuttle service for those who are not driving. Quick check in and check out. Friendly staff. I don't really have any complaints.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

Red Roof Inn - Queens
ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I didnt mind this hotel so much, the receptionist was very kind and helpful, the room was passable, the breakfast was abundant, but on the day we were leaving, I was sitting on the bed, and a cockroach crawled up my back! Could it have been becuase our room was on ground floor right next to the breakfast room, I dont know,but maybe that was a factor. I dont want to badmouth this hotel,because i didnt mind the location,the staff or the noise coming from the freeway next to it,but I have a profound fear of roaches,and thought id let others know in case anyone may feel the same.

Room Tip: dont get a room on ground floor near breakfast room,it might allure certain 6 legged pests to your r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof Inn , Please take my apologies about the inconvenience of the ugly surprise but we already take the steps to make sure this issue don’t happen again .

Red Roof Inn - Queens

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!