Our stay was less than satisfactory. Despite some irritating things, due to the comfort and non postage stamp sized rooms, I was ready to give a better rating than I'd seen. Things went down quickly.
When the reservations were made, we specifically asked if there was luggage drop off available before check in, and were told that there was. Upon arrival, we found that this meant leaving bags unattended and unsecured in the lobby. No thanks!
Next, the continental breakfast did not have nearly enough food for a full house of individuals. An hour before breakfast was over, they were out of waffle mix…and milk...and most things. Even cereal was out as an option. They changed the milk about 10 minutes before breakfast was over.
The shuttle did not run on time most days.
The wifi didn't work in our first room. I didn’t mind sitting in the lobby, but the AC either wasn't on or was incredibly low, when the city was having record heat highs at night.
Finally, here is my true complaint. We were NOT notified that there would be construction RIGHT OUTSIDE OF OUR ROOM. They are redoing the hallway floors…in our hall and in front of our room…in the morning…when guests were sleeping.
We requested a room change. The first room had a queen that was super comfy. The king upgrade was hard as a rock, but at least the wifi worked.
After the room change, we asked for room service, since we'd switched in the a.m. after more sleep and showers. That didn't happen.
We did receive a night back upon request, although it still isn't showing up on our account correctly. We have the adjusted amount on a receipt. I hope it isn't a pain to get it corrected if need be.
Also, we stayed in Manhattan the last time we visited. Staying in the Queens are made transportation a little more of a pain, but the walk to the local station went quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York