“Free parking, Free parking, Free parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3805 Hunters Point Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly Queensboro Hotel)   |
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
San Francisco, California
“Free parking, Free parking, Free parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel was just perfect it near JFK airport and with a car rental they provide free parking. It's 4 block or 15 minutes walk to # 7 train to Times Square in Manhattan. Morning complimentary breakfast was so so for I only eat Bagels of Red Roof Inn. The hotel is always full and busy (European Tourists) with free Wi-Fi. The hotel is in Long Island City, Queen just across Manhattan.

Room Tip: Room facing the parking (rear) Room facing the freeway(front) cemetery
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof, .

Ignacio Fonseca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

we were looking for an affordable place to stay while visiting our son and his wife in Long Island City. We stayed here for five days near the end of June. Our room was at the end of the hall on the ground floor so it was very quiet. The room was clean, the furniture was older, but everything worked fine. One of the reasons we chose this motel was for the free parking, which was limited to a small fraction of the rooms. We found a place every day, but sometimes it was tight. There were two things we didn't like. The breakfast area was not very big and on the days we were there it was very crowded with large families with lots of kids - not the fault of the Red Roof Inn. It is also about a half mile to the subway. They have a shuttle but it fills up fast and stops about 8pm. We walked back from the subway around 11pm and didn't feel uncomfortable walking in the neighborhood at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Picked this hotel for my friend simply because it's affordable and close to my home. Didn't expect much but turned out that we were happy with everything pretty much. The room was old and dark but clean. No yucky smell. The cleaning staff really did a great job.

Bed was comfortable. Hot water. Refrigerator. Microwave. All we needed were there. Never had breakfast there but they do provide basic breakfast items like cereals, yogurts. Juice and coffee available the whole day.

Parking lot at the back but it's also easy to find street parking. They also provide shuttle service for those who are not driving. Quick check in and check out. Friendly staff. I don't really have any complaints.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

Red Roof Inn - Queens
ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I didnt mind this hotel so much, the receptionist was very kind and helpful, the room was passable, the breakfast was abundant, but on the day we were leaving, I was sitting on the bed, and a cockroach crawled up my back! Could it have been becuase our room was on ground floor right next to the breakfast room, I dont know,but maybe that was a factor. I dont want to badmouth this hotel,because i didnt mind the location,the staff or the noise coming from the freeway next to it,but I have a profound fear of roaches,and thought id let others know in case anyone may feel the same.

Room Tip: dont get a room on ground floor near breakfast room,it might allure certain 6 legged pests to your r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof Inn , Please take my apologies about the inconvenience of the ugly surprise but we already take the steps to make sure this issue don’t happen again .

Red Roof Inn - Queens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I liked this hotel because everything worked great...
The staff was very friendly and welcoming.
Clean and quiet and the rooms were very spacious.
Also the girl in the front desk was always very helpful. I believe her name was Bianca. Always looked great and presentable.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof.

NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very nice hotel near to New York City by subway.
The king room is big! comes with microwave and mini fridge.
Free breakfast and you can serve beverages all day!!!
Valentino in reception was an incredible help cause our credit card was blocked and not like other hotels he accepted our payment in cash and make us the reservation with only 30 minutes before we get to the inn and with a great pr

• Stayed May 2013

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It's true the rooms are small, the breakfast room is crowded and it's a long walk to the subway... but for the price, it's a great value. Hotel has convenient access to both LGA and JFK and I found that I could make it from the property to a show in the city in about a hour. While I did enjoy the low rate I found that I would have preferred to pay a little extra to be in the city or closer to the train. The walk to the subway is only 10 minutes but it gets very long after a day in the city when you're ready to be off your feet on the way to call it a night.

Room Tip: I would ask for second floor or higher. First floor rooms in the back of the property a situated su...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!