Picked this hotel for my friend simply because it's affordable and close to my home. Didn't expect much but turned out that we were happy with everything pretty much. The room was old and dark but clean. No yucky smell. The cleaning staff really did a great job.
Bed was comfortable. Hot water. Refrigerator. Microwave. All we needed were there. Never had breakfast there but they do provide basic breakfast items like cereals, yogurts. Juice and coffee available the whole day.
Parking lot at the back but it's also easy to find street parking. They also provide shuttle service for those who are not driving. Quick check in and check out. Friendly staff. I don't really have any complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Red Roof Inn, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York