“Average stay in NY” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn

You added Red Roof Inn to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3805 Hunters Point Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly Queensboro Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Hannover, Germany
“Average stay in NY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel was very crowdy- people had breakfast at their rooms, because there was not enough space in the breakfastroom. The rooms were very small and the furniture a little old.
The hotel is okay for a citytour with friends - but still for that quiet expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof. I just to want to apologies about the small breakfast room, And we are working on this about this situation and we try to do the best to make you feel comfortable

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels

Red Roof Inn - Queens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I would go back to this hotel because it's clean and the service is good. The breakfast is the same every day but you can eat what you want and there's a lot of things. Better to go before 8 AM if you want to have everything. The place for the breakfast is small but we have been 6 nights and we always had a table. The subway station is at 10 - 15 mns walking from the hotel but if you don't want to walk, you tell it to the reception and you will go with an employee of the hotel in a car to the subway (free). The borrow is very quiet and sometimes, we came back walking by night to the hotel but no problem, it's sure. In internet, they say that every day, they bring you to Manhattan at 9 AM 3 PM and 5 pm but it's wrong. They stopped to do it. The rooms are very clean, they don't change the sheets every day but at home, I don't do it so no problem. For the Price, it's good. In Manhattan, the hotels are more expensive and personaly, after being all the day in Manhattan visiting and walking, I prefer to sleep in the Red roof inn Quenns because it's quiet ! from the subway station (the 40's lowery station), you arrive to Time Square in 15 mns with the line number 7 so it' s good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof. just to you know we don't change sheet if you have your green planet sign on the bed , other way we will change sheets every day

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for five nights in April 2013. The general reception area was undergoing refurbishment, which was slightly off putting - however, staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and average sized with a fridge and microwave. The lamp in the room didn't work however.

Breakfast was your average continental style breakfast - finishes serving at 9am and everything gets locked away at that point. Coffee/tea etc available all day though.

The area is safe and a nice walk from 40 st station which will take you straight into the City.

Overall great value for money, with a little room for improvement!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you and I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof, and please take our apologies about the inconvenience of the light didn't work but we do take actions so this problem don't happen again..

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

and I LOVED our stay at the Red Roof Inn. We visited NYC to run the half marathon on St Paddy's Day, so most of the hotels were booked in the city. We found Red Roof via Trip Advisor, the rates were good & we went for it. Having never been to NY myself, the entire journey from Seattle was new for me. We arrived around 3:30 in the afternoon...took a train & then a subway, then hoofed it to the Red Roof, having got off the subway at the wrong spot,we had a pretty good hike to the hotel. We finally made it, after a long, COLD walk.....but fortunately greeted by a gentleman named Valentino, who was very friendly & very accomodating. Our room was small, and yes, the hotel was under some renovation in the lobby area....no big deal. The room was clean & perfect for what we needed. It wasn't the Ritz, but that's not at all what we expected. What is WAS, was a cast of characters that were absolutely GREAT...right down to Toni (aka Super-T) & Eli, our shuttle drivers. They took very good care of us, both late at night, and the morning of our marathon, at 4 AM.... And can I just say that the bed was the MOST COMFORTABLE bed ever!! We covered a lot of miles on foot during our 7 day stay, and that bed was a little slice of heaven. Our maid service gals were delightful, and very understanding of our crazy schedule..... we visited a LaQuinta just to see about pricing for when we come back in December... they were not friendly, the lobby smelled nasty, & we definitely appreciated our Red Roof after that. Ignacio, the general manager was so gracious to us...really, everyone was awesome. We look forward to planning our "pre-Christmas" vacation & most definitely will go back to the Red Roof Inn. Thanks to all for making my first trip to New York a fabulous one!! xoxo Christie & Robert from Seattle

Room Tip: Our room was located on the side right on the Freeway, across from a large cemetary and honestly, it...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete your online response I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof

Stuttgart, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and from the beginning they were renewing the corridor. We asked for a different room, since our room was super close to it .They wondered and guaranteed to be finished with the work in a few hours so that we won't be bothered by any means. They were not even finished, when we left the hotel at the fifth day. At one night I complained at 2 am in the morning, because they were not stopping and used loud machines. The attached picture shows the view out of my room door at 2:20 a.m. I did not pay for the last night.

Also the staff was not very friendly. At 9 a.m. the breakfast lady came to the super tiny breakfast room and complained why the people are still having breakfast. Officially the breakfast closes at 9 a.m. and the hotel staff is really forcing this. Come on, we were on holidays. Even some other staff colleagues told the lady to calm down.

The wi-fi was not working in the first two days.

For this price ($153) I expect better quality in service (even in New York). The room itself was ok. After all I do NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go for a room close to the breakfast area. The waffle machine keeps beeping whenever a waf...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Queens Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.for do this type of work over night , but we are really sorry for this inconvenience .

Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Room is OK...(they boost that the rooms were recently remodeled...but it appears that means they put in a new refrig & microwave...and facelift types of things...
My trip was extended by 4 days and I'm going to move hotels because of the night manager at the front desk was a complete [--] JERK...he lives up to the other reviews about the hotel that say the same thing...No One had anything but bad remarks about him...I'm overlooking the fact that he has the personally of a wet mop..On Travelocity, the hotel states, and I quote, they "have a Free shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel"...That's a BIG LIE...Rooms should be cheaper...considering almost the entire ground is under construction...you have to walk through a big mess every time you come in...the only time I was greeted by a friendly person at the front desk was when I arrived the first night and I haven't seen that girl back...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!