We stayed at this hotel for five nights in April 2013. The general reception area was undergoing refurbishment, which was slightly off putting - however, staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and average sized with a fridge and microwave. The lamp in the room didn't work however.
Breakfast was your average continental style breakfast - finishes serving at 9am and everything gets locked away at that point. Coffee/tea etc available all day though.
The area is safe and a nice walk from 40 st station which will take you straight into the City.
Overall great value for money, with a little room for improvement!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.