We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and from the beginning they were renewing the corridor. We asked for a different room, since our room was super close to it .They wondered and guaranteed to be finished with the work in a few hours so that we won't be bothered by any means. They were not even finished, when we left the hotel at the fifth day. At one night I complained at 2 am in the morning, because they were not stopping and used loud machines. The attached picture shows the view out of my room door at 2:20 a.m. I did not pay for the last night.
Also the staff was not very friendly. At 9 a.m. the breakfast lady came to the super tiny breakfast room and complained why the people are still having breakfast. Officially the breakfast closes at 9 a.m. and the hotel staff is really forcing this. Come on, we were on holidays. Even some other staff colleagues told the lady to calm down.
The wi-fi was not working in the first two days.
For this price ($153) I expect better quality in service (even in New York). The room itself was ok. After all I do NOT recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, Venere, Priceline, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.