Booked this inn as an overnighter before we flew home. Reason being it's nearer the airport than Manhattan and we would be able to avoid the peak hour rush traffic. Have no regrets at all. Though tired-looking (it's currently undergoing refurbishment), the room we had was clean and spacious enough for the three of us and our many pieces of luggage! Everything works, so no complaints there.
What really bowled us over was the service. The staff were really friendly and helpful; especially Miki at the frontdesk. Leaving our luggage there until it was time for departure was no problem either. Miki was most efficient in securing us a taxi to take us to the airport.
Complimentary coffee, tea and snacks are available for guests round the clock at the lobby. The location of the inn is also within walking distance to 40th St subway. Overall, quite happy with the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York