“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3805 Hunters Point Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly Queensboro Hotel)   |
north reading ma
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Haven't stayed at a Red Roof Inn before. I was very surprised how modern the room was. It had a flat screen TV, fridge, and updated rooms. Lights were above the beds for reading in bed. Plugs all were accessible for all our electronics. (No pulling out of desks or crawling on the floor, trying to reach a plug.) Beds were comfy. I liked it so much, I booked another Red Roof Inn for our next stay at another location during our trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof. I am glad your stay at our hotel was so pleasant. We hope you have the same experience on your next visit to one of our hotels.We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hotel is nice and great value. Little hard to get in when you drive GPS don't help much, but once inside it is great. Breakfast is good and fresh. Dinner places are close by and good varity. Rooms are looking good new fresh paint, and a lot changes from my last visit to NY, staff is nice and friendly they know how to help,special when the parking lot is cover by snow,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof. We aplologize about your troubles getting here but we always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

At this time I would like to extend the opportunity for you to share your experience with others,TripAdvisor is one of the top travel review Internet sites that allows travelers to read and write reviews about hotels nationwide. Your review can help others make their choice of hotel with confidence. I hope I see you again in the future.

Thank you .
Red Roof Inn .
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

- third floor including room reeked of fresh paint, my clothes that I never unpacked smelled of paint when I got home
- loud staff outside of room for majority of morning
-staff made no attempt to clean room which wasn't very clean to begin with...random mysterious stains throughout room
- overnight desk manager, Remi is Rude and unprofessional on the phone and in person. Experienced this myself and then watched as he was nasty to other customers who called in to request information. Who hired this man? (Reservations were made online for the wrong night accidentally, when speaking to him within 20 min of booking and explaining the situation, his response: "that's not my problem, why are you calling here about that, sell the room to someone, you know every hotel has the same policies"; I'm sure they do, and policy is policy, but I bet they also know how to speak to their customers with respect and understanding.
This was an emergency stay, ended up booking 2 nights, one of which wasn't used)
- took over 40 min to find a spot that I'm pretty sure was illegal anyway
- front entrance sliding doors broken- had to set all bags down and manually pry doors apart and push them back together.....?
- hallways messy and cluttered with large bags of garbage and laundry in the middle of the afternoon
- careful leaving! Hotel located on a busy off ramp, crossing the street is an adventure in car dodging
+ microwave / fridge / coffee in room, very convenient
+ beds comfortable, lots of extra pillows
+ breakfast lounge was well stocked and staff was friendly

• Stayed January 2013
Ignacio F, Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Queens Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.about the situation with the night manager,but Im doing my best to correct this incident ,and make sure don't happen again.
Varese, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel in mid-December; spacious room with microwave and refrigerator, coffee maker and a spacious bathroom and always very clean, as was the room.
At any time you can have a cup of coffee to be taken in the lobby, staff always friendly and helpful, the morning a hearty breakfast with a variety of bagels, muffins and jams, yogurt and cereals, plus the ability to make the waffles, coffee good, only downside fruit juices, watered down or not present two days out of four.
Well located hotel with the opportunity to take the bus number 67 down entrance to the hotel and then the subway or the bus B52 and be in downtown Manhattan in 40 minutes, or 400 meters on foot and by subway or B52 being at the center of the world, Times Square in 30 minutes.
The area is very quiet and there are interesting shops, pastry chef from the European to the well-stocked supermarkets and at a good price.
I think it's a good choice to visit NYC at low cost

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

At this time I would like to extend the opportunity for you to share your experience with others. TripAdvisor is one of the top travel review Internet sites that allows travelers to read and write reviews about hotels nationwide. Your review can help others make their choice of hotel with confidence.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Let's face it, you are only reading this review because you have already seen that this is a very affordable hotel. Please do not let any of the prior reviews discourage you from checking this place out. The staff here is beyond great! I came for New Years when every room was booked and the front desk, being very busy, still took the time to go over a subway map with me and even write out directions on paper so I didn't have to carry a bulky map around. Our room was plenty big and very clean. When we first checked in the fridge wasn't cold and there was no tv remote..... But get this..... I turned the knob in the fridge and asked the front desk for a remote and BOOM! Everything was fine! Maybe others should try such crazy things before they write a bad review! Breakfast area is kinda small but so what, just go make your own waffle in the waffle maker and eat it in your room if there are no seats down there. They also have fresh juice, cereal, coffee... If you want the four seasons treatment, go pay for it at the four seasons, I'll be here with a smile on my face and a few hundred extra bucks in my pocket!

Oh yeah, the train to time square is just a few blocks away and it's only a 9 minute ride. They will even drive you there!

As for the bed bug claims... Not one sign of a bite on myself or my wife! This is NYC though and even the finest hotels have had problems with bed bugs! It is a problem that has nothing to do with cleanliness.

Thank you for reading my review. I know it's a little long but I felt compelled to speak my peace after reading negative things about this place. I would recommend it without hesitation!

• Stayed December 2012
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2013

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last week and was totally disappointed. First our confirmation said we were in a upgraded room, but they gave us a standard room. When I inquired why not the upgraded room I was told they didn't have any available. The man at the front desk was very rude. I asked to speak to a manager and he said she wasn't available. I said I would wait. Finally she was availabe and said she would see what she could do. We got the proper room after she cleaned it herslef. The room was decent, at the time but now looking back I'm sick to my stomach. When I got home I noticed bits appearing on my arms BED BUGS! I read it takes a day or so for them to appear. The bed was hard as a rock worst bed ever.

Also during our stay they advertised a shuttle to the subway well... Only one of our four days the man was actually there. We had to carry our bags to and from the hotel. When asked for the cabs number they gave us a towncar service which wanted to charge $30 for a short trip.

I will never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone. Your better off at the days inn up the road!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Queens Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.
I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,

Red Roof Inn - Queens
Iasi, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The hotel is really nice, the rooms are big enough and clean. The only problem for me was the breakfast. Honestly, it was almost nothing to eat... :(
The location is really good, it took me 7 minutes to get to the train station, so I was in Manhattan in max. 20 minutes. I was alone so, at the beginning I was afraid of coming back to the hotel at night, but the neighbourhood was really safe and quiet. So, I used to come back every night around 12 or 1 o`clock and nothing bad happened :)
It`s a great choice!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ignacio F, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2012

At this time I would like to extend the opportunity for you to share your experience with others. You can post information about your stay at our hotel on www.tripadvisor.com. TripAdvisor is one of the top travel review Internet sites that allows travelers to read and write reviews about hotels nationwide. Your review can help others make their choice of hotel with confidence.

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!