Let's face it, you are only reading this review because you have already seen that this is a very affordable hotel. Please do not let any of the prior reviews discourage you from checking this place out. The staff here is beyond great! I came for New Years when every room was booked and the front desk, being very busy, still took the time to go over a subway map with me and even write out directions on paper so I didn't have to carry a bulky map around. Our room was plenty big and very clean. When we first checked in the fridge wasn't cold and there was no tv remote..... But get this..... I turned the knob in the fridge and asked the front desk for a remote and BOOM! Everything was fine! Maybe others should try such crazy things before they write a bad review! Breakfast area is kinda small but so what, just go make your own waffle in the waffle maker and eat it in your room if there are no seats down there. They also have fresh juice, cereal, coffee... If you want the four seasons treatment, go pay for it at the four seasons, I'll be here with a smile on my face and a few hundred extra bucks in my pocket!
Oh yeah, the train to time square is just a few blocks away and it's only a 9 minute ride. They will even drive you there!
As for the bed bug claims... Not one sign of a bite on myself or my wife! This is NYC though and even the finest hotels have had problems with bed bugs! It is a problem that has nothing to do with cleanliness.
Thank you for reading my review. I know it's a little long but I felt compelled to speak my peace after reading negative things about this place. I would recommend it without hesitation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn and Odigeo so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Long Island City, New York