“Beautiful!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel was a surprise. it is very trendy and pretty. The hotel staff could not have been more pleasant. The room was great and the view AMAZING. Floor to ceiling windows with a view of Manhattan. It is a little out of the way if you want to go to Manhattan quickly. There is a shuttle that goes to Manhattan hourly. Be at the pick-up spot on time. If the traffic is heavy, it will be a little late. Otherwise it leaves on the dot...which we found out when we arrived 2 minutes late and saw it driving down the street. Oh, well. Our fault. There is a subway station nearby, but I am not sure I would want to walk the neighborhood at night. There are many restaurants about 15 min. in the other direction. The restaurant downstairs had very tasty tapas at night and a wonderfully entertaining server. Sorry, I didn't get his name. However, the one flaw in the visit was breakfast in the restaurant. The service was beyond poor. We chose not to spend $14 for a simple eggs, bacon, bagel buffet. We figured we would order 2 bagels a la carte. Well, it took forever for someone to acknowledge our presence and then equally long to even get a menu. We were served coffee and orange juice before we even saw a server. The manager twice came over to ask if we had ordered, which we hadn't. After 20 minutes, we ordered, but the bagels never came. Finally we asked the manager for a check for the coffee and juice, and said the food never came. She went to get our food, apologized, and did not charge us for the inconvenience. That was the only glitch in the experience. Otherwise, the hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

carrie, chanddy, renat, igor ♥
how sweet you are
to go niagara falls, there were so many ask from us, but you guys accepted all with smile!
So you gave us touching staying as well as unforgettable memories!
may be next time, we'll stay Z nyc hotel again. thanks a lot!

Loimaa, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We like hotel very much. Reception people feels like they like this work, and this is nice.
Carrie, Chanddy and all y was really best and helfull.
We have some broblen with wifi. Somehow y did not able to repair system.
After 2 days they want us to chance room for broblen. and arter this Ipad works.
This tells that these people care for y best intrest.

Please keep this a good attitude on y job.

I been 5 times NYC and Hotels have been a 4-star. Z-hotel is my favorite.

All best for y Z-team

Petri

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

As i was looking for hotels for my girlfriend and I to stay the night after i proposed "Z Hotel" popped up. From the INCREDIBLE view of Manhattan (don't believe me? gotta check out the photos) from EVERY room to the rooftop view that will knock even a new yorker off their feet.

When i needed extra help to check-in early to let my girlfriend put her luggage down Armondo did everything he could to help us. I never expected a hotel staff to care that much and work that hard to help make our engagement as perfect as possible. A MAJOR thank you to Armondo and the entire staff!

The entire hotel was beautiful and even the food at the downstairs bar was incredible (gotta try to truffle fries)

Overall a lot of people might question you when you go to NYC and tell them your staying in LI City but once they experience the caring staff, beautiful views, delicious food, and comfy/clean rooms they will never question it again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Such a gem! Having stayed at other hotels in the area, I didn't expect too much from the Z. I was so pleasantly surprised! The minute you walk in the door you can tell the difference, the staff is friendly and warm. Armando, Igor, Renita, Renate, Lisa and the rest of the concierge team are genuine and friendly, it's like coming home. Downstairs, you will be amazed by the delicious dishes Phil and Ruben create, and blown away by the skills of their bartenders like Wilson. The rooms are sumptuous, and the views... well everyone else has gone on about the views, so I won't be redundant. There are dozens of other friendly and accommodating workers there who I haven't named, I encourage you to stay there and meet them all yourself! I am so excited to go back there!

Room Tip: -Ask about their specials downstairs in the restaurant, I promise you won't regret it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We went out to the City with my wife back in February and booked a night at the Z Hotel. Great trendy hotel with a gorgeous view of the Manhattan skyline. The rooms are nicely decorated and all face West (towards the City). The view gets better, on the higher floors. There is also a rooftop lounge with some amazing views. The staff was very polite and friendly (special thanks to Armando and Samantha to helping us out with a little reservation mixup). Overall a good experience and we would stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and I had a really great time. I had to make a sudden plan, and all hotels were booked. Armando offered the best service I could have imagined. He helped me booked the hotel fast and easy. I got my room for less than 15 minutes.
The hotel had the best view, overlooking manhattan. If you want to hang out, have a better view of the city, you could go to the rooftop. They have everything set up to make sure you will have the best moment up there.
Z hotel also provided shuttle bus to the city for free, convenient and easy.
I would definitely come back here for my next hotel staying. Thank you Z hotel. Thank you Armando for the great service.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Z New York Hotel? Share your experiences!