“Best location ever!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Warsaw, Poland
“Best location ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Modern, butique hotel with everything you need in NYC! Spacious room, great service, good restaurant, a shuttle to and from the airport and to and from Manhattan (59th street). All the rooms have beautiful view of Manhattan. No problem with parking on the street.

Room Tip: Don't forget that this is New York and rooms are smaller that in province. But that's not wh...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

549 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Turkish first
barnsley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The 2 good things about this hotel are 1: the view from the rooms
2: the free shuttle bus
The hotel its self isn't bad its just not quite there yet !!! The breakfast is a rip off paid $14.95 each and there was hardly any food and what was there was cold when the staff were asked there answer was we know more is on the way?? After 20 mins we paid the bill and left had breakfast in the city the rest of our stay ( note to breakfast staff SMILE)
The staff on the front desk are helpful and chatty.
The hotel has a night club on the weekend if you want to sleep forget it doesn't close till 4am.
I would stay again but only because of the view its breath taking.
Ps the taxi the hotel arranged to collect us from jfk never turned up had to get a yellow cab from the airport which was cheaper !!!!!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I had a great experience at this hotel over a weekend trip in New York. First of all, the service was great, the hotel allowed us to check in early which took a lot of stress off us as we were trying to see as much as we could in a short period of time. The decor is very cool and "hip" and the room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is a little distance from midtown but the view makes it worth it. We loved being able to see the skyline right from the room. There is transportation provided but it is also pretty close to a subway station. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and still had a great view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I bought a room from a Living Social deal. The rate was good. I stayed here for a wedding. The rooms are very small. My phone & TV were both broken. The room lacked basic amenities such as a hair dryer, iron or even a pen, but did supply used flip flops! My room came with a free bottle of champagne which I did not even get to drink, so I took it home. BUT I was charged an extra $12 on my credit card for apparently buying a bottle if champagne from the mini bar. WHY WOUKD I BUY A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE IF I ALREADY HAD A FREE ONE!? When I called about this, the manager told me he would ask his housekeeper and get back to me. It's been 4 days, no call. Complete rip off. I wouldn't stay here again if the room was free.

• Stayed February 2014
Lisa G, Director of Sales at Z New York Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Our engineering team is on property and available for assistance 24 hours a day to make all necessary repairs. We do offer hairdryers in all our guest rooms and iron and ironing boards are available upon request.

Our front desk staff is also happy to assist in answer any questions you may have to make your stay more comfortable.

Huntington, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you are actually expecting to sleep during your stay I would suggest staying as close as you can to the rooftop. The downstairs restaurant turns into a club at night and you're on the 3rd floor like my boyfriend and I, you'll have the pleasure of feeling the base and hearing the loud music until 4am! And finally... just when you think you can get some sleep you now hear the loud, inebriated crowd filter out of the hotel and hang out in the streets for another hour or so.

After complaining the following morning to the concierge, who just smiled at us the whole time, we decided to contact the owner for a refund. The owner could care less and refused us a refund stating we should have complained at the time and they would've moved us to another room. Wow.... that's exactly what we want to have to do, pack up and move to another room at 4am! Seriously???

I wouldn't take my chances again...There are plenty of other hotels in Long Island City and NYC to choose from!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here last month. Every hotel room in NYC is smaller than I expect to see elsewhere and this is no exception; however, the square footage is more than adequate. The staff was friendly, attentive and competent. The rooms were very clean and well decorated. There are easy connections into Manhattan by public transportation as well as a shuttle that runs on the half-hour. The rooms were, in my opinion, nicer and more comfortable than the "regular" rooms in various NYC hotels with five-star names and prices. The views of Manhattan were breath-taking.

Room Tip: Be very attentive if you decide to go for a walk. The area is not really bad, but, on foot, the hot...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last month and was about to write my review when I heard I was coming back so I figured to see if my experience would stack up to the fantastic stay I had the first time. It did and more!

The hotel price matches the search engine prices so no worries there. Yes, like others have mentioned, it's located in/amongst the warehouse district so if you want to walk the neighborhood, go elsewhere. The hotel offers a shuttle which I think is hourly to downtown Manhattan in front of Bloomingdales. Pretty sure it said free so you can't beat that!

I was greeted by a very friendly and professional front desk staff who had me checked in and addressed my concerns expeditiously...and accurately. They suggested their lounge for drinks and dining and I have to say, they have reason to brag...I have eaten there four times now and each selection was not only delicious, but an excellent value for the money. The most expensive item on the menu was the deluxe z burger (loaded) with fries...$13.50. Lunch specials were $9.99 and you really don't leave hungry. The lounge looks like the pictures posted, it's clean and not crowded nor loud....PERFECT! The one night I had Chinese delivered and the desk offered up one of the local places menus. Another winner and prices were again very reasonable....like what I'd pay outside the NYC area.

I had only one issue with the room heat which when I brought it to the front desk, it was dispatched and corrected within five minutes...a little operator error and they were happy to help.

Ok...I had another issue with the room...the tile floor entry and bathroom floor is heated! Fabulous! Issues aren't always negative, that's for sure.

While the hallways run across the back of the building and the walls/windows appear to be made of temporary construction materials, they don't face a part of the city anyone wants to see and once inside the room, you forget about them anyway.

Views are impressive to say the least. The beds (2 different rooms) were very very comfortable...very comfortable. The rooms aren't spacious, the bathroom is functional with toilet and shower enclosure and it all has an upscale European flair/flavor to it. No delay in delivering all the hot water you could want or need...and the towels are thick and soft.

The hotel doesn't have a parking garage...plenty of street parking is around within 100 yards...really. Nobody messes with your car.

I want to thank the staff for providing me a relaxing and enjoyable hideout from the intensity of the city. I probably won't get the spelling correct but huge thanks to the young lady at the front desk who handled my reservations, made my meal recommendations, handled my room heat issue, always had a smile on her face despite some brutally nasty weather, and just seemed happy to be there....Rinita, you made the Z my first and really only choice of a place to stay in the area.

I have recommended the Z to all my friends and a few strangers...hopefully not too many that all the rooms will be booked and I won't be able to get one.

Really, stay at the Z and you'll find that it's everything I said...and more...in a good way.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Z New York Hotel? Share your experiences!