“Amazing hotel and great price!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Z New York Hotel to your Saves list
Z New York Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11-01 43rd Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Port Appin, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel and great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Loved this hotel, the view really are that stunning! Just got back from staying here for 5 nights and was not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful and give you a handy map when you check in and inform you about the shuttle times. The shuttle really was great, drops you off so central which is perfect for exploring, I walked pretty much everywhere though the subway is pretty easy to use, I prefered walking as I got to see more of the city and the weather was amazing. The hotel room was great, plenty of space, nice big bed, tv and those views! With the AC/Heater it was pretty noisy but I just turned it off before going to bed. I was on the 11th floor no problems with noise. There is a little office for guests to use in the bar that has computers and printers perfect for printing boarding passes or tickets. Overall, really enjoyed my stay and would definetly stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

497 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

oh my God, what a view, and right from your comfortable bed. this place is fantastic. see the the city lit up at night. and they also have great coffee when you get breakfast at their cafe. you should avoid the top two floors

Room Tip: avoid top 2 floors, they have a rooftop bar/music. all rooms have the great view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Craiova
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Verry nice Manhattan view from rooms and roof top,friendly staff,modern rooms,good Wi-Fi,free international calls from the room.
Negative points: very noisy air condition, noise in the room in the morning from outside cars.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nevermind that this hotel is located not on Manhattan - they have nice bus shuttle very hour, subway is 5 mins walk and one stop away from Mnhttn. Little but clean and modern rooms with awesome view , nice staff, cool interior. Roof top bar! 3 times in NY - 3 times at Z. Smart pricing.

Room Tip: Take upper level to have awesome view! but be aware rooftop parties can disturb You a little if You...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Z for our Halloween break to New York and it was an excellent choice, 10 minute walk from the E Line subway or a shuttle bus from the hotel to 59th and Lexington means that you are incredibly close to mid town Manhattan.
The views from the rooms are incredible and the staff are very very friendly and informative.
My only criticism is that the bar closed much too early during the week circa 11:30-12 pm, meaning our nights were drawn to a close too soon.
I can't wait to go back to NY and when I do I will almost certainly stay in the Z!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a better view of the city. Top floor is eleven which was where I stayed - t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Z New York Hotel is quite pricey but from what I read that goes with the NYC territory. Staff were very friendly and helpful from the off. We travelled a long way from Scotland and arrived a half hour before check in after a ten hour journey, I'd hoped they would book us in there and then but no we had to wait until official check in time so I was slightly disappointed with this but could live with it. Drinks in the bar seemed expensive compared to what we purchased elsewhere, it cost $22 for a small beer and a vodka/coke. All public areas are very nice, well kept and clean.

Up in the room I discovered I needed an iron, one quick call to reception and it was sent up instantly. The room wasn't huge but as it's only to wash/sleep in it was ideal for our needs and there were robes, slippers, toiletries etc - all the usual suspects. The views of the Manhattan skyline from the window are what it's all about and they did not disappoint, impressive by day and fantastic at night!

We used the complimentary shuttle every day, it's a great service and drops you off quite near to Fifth Avenue and the entrance to Central Park is only a 5 minute walk away so it was very handy for a couple of New York first timers.

One evening after a very long day of walking around Manhattan we decided to stay in Long Island City that evening for dinner. We asked at reception for a recommendation of a good local restaurant but they couldn't tell us. Maybe it's the case that most guests head to NYC but I'm sure some guests want to see what is on offer locally? If staff were better informed then local businesses would be better served which would be in everyone's best interests! We booked a taxi to drop us off on Vernon Boulevard and found a fabulous little Cuban restaurant amongst plenty others, there seems to be a good few choices on that road, it's just a shame the staff are completely unaware of what is on their doorstep!

All in all I would recommend this hotel and I would consider staying there again, it has a nice relaxed feel to it and I'm really happy we experienced a little bit of LIC, away from the madness of NYC! Gantry State Plaza Park is a 10 minute walk away from the hotel offering amazing views over the water and lots of photo opportunities you just wouldn't get staying in a central Manhattan hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the skyline opposite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is my 4th visit to the city that doesn't sleep. Thankfully since I was here for business, I was able to get some sleep at the Z hotel no problem. This is the best hotel I have stayed in so far in the area. It was cheaper than my fist offering downtown but was of a superior quality.

Apart from lacking a fitness center or a pool (not many hotel properties have these in the city anyway) I cannot find fault with the place. The staff were great and nothing was too much trouble. I arrived early and when I first arrived they would have allowed me to check in early but I wanted to hold out for a high floor. They secured me a room on the 11th when I returned from my day off in the City. Great. The 11th floor is their highest.

Since I was visiting places all over New York City, from Brooklyn to Harlem, the hotel was really a great location for me. Even for pleasure purposes I would have been completely satisfied. All you need do is hop on their free buss and it takes you within each reach of getting anywhere in the city. I used it a few times but it would be perfect if the buss could drop you at Court Sq Subway Station.

I found it easy to get to via public transport from JFK Airport. Get the AirTrain from any terminal to Jamaica center (JC) (cost $5) and then get the Metro E train from JC to Court Square. The hotel is then an easy 15 minute walk. Otherwise a taxi is about $40 (it cost 60-80 dollars from JFK into New York City). Within 15 minute walk there were Chinese take-aways and a few restaurants and Domino's Pizza and a Subway. I walked back from the Subway a view times at night and felt perfectly safe. I even stumbled into the filming of Law and Order in the area.

The room was really great. A good size, decent shower, decent bed, flip-flops and a robe provided, mini bar and snacks for purchase, well decorated, functional, free Wi-Fi clean and has anyone mentioned those fantastic views yet? There wasn't an Iron but I am sure I could I asked to borrow one if I needed. I liked having the sink and a wash area within the room. It's not on top of you as some people have suggested and that area of the room has a tiled floor which you can heat!

Why anyone would want to pay more for a dive of a place just to be in midtown is beyond me. Thanks for the awesome stay - that is all I can say.

Room Tip: 11th floors. View from the 11th is awesome
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Z New York Hotel? Share your experiences!