“Great front dest and reservation Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Z New York Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11-01 43rd Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Vancouver, Canada
“Great front dest and reservation Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was planning my trip to NYC in June and July 2013 and was trying to book it through booking.com. But I accidentally hit the wrong month/date and wrong button to book Z New York in August instead. I realize it right after and called booking.com as well as the Z hotel right away.
I am really satisfy with the service of Rich at the front desk when I called, and the reservation department of Z hotel to cooperate with Booking.com to help cancel my reservation without penalty.
I already booked my reservation at Z New York for my July trip and I can't wait to check out this hotel and will update my review of this hotel.

I am also really satisfy with the service of booking.com. They answer my call right away and make the action right away with a follow up email.
I always use booking.com to book my accommodation and will continue to do so as I know I can trust their service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Turkish first
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Z Hotel for a romantic getaway on June 1, 2013 (Room 808) and were pretty disappointed. The rooftop would theoretically lend itself to some nice dimmed-down lounge atmosphere, but instead they had a DJ who played party music at a volume that made it impossible to have a decent conversation, and lots of young party folks were hanging out there shouting and making sure a relaxed romantic hangout on the rooftop was not an option.

The rooms have a great view as advertised, but they are tiny and have a very cold and dark interior design which we found unappealing. Outright terrible, however, was the air-conditioning, which made a heck of a noise throughout the night that made it absolutely impossible to find decent sleep :(

All in all a real let-down, which decent breakfast buffet and the nice staff couldn't compensate for. We will not come again, and we definitely don't recommend couples on the search for a romantic night to go there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been in NYC many times before, stayed at hotels in Times Square, Jersey City and across central park, this past weekend (May 2013) I stayed at the Z for two nights and now have become their biggest fan; the front desk were very welcoming, housekeeping and staff were excellent, I really felt welcomed and the entire staff valued my business. The rooms were very clean, the bed was comfortable and the water pressure was very good especially after a long day in the city, and the view to the city both our room and the rooftop was actually better than being in Manhattan. I kept the shades wide open during my entire stay.
The location, the shuttle service, and its view of the city and ease of parking and its top hotel service have easily moved the Z up on my ratings chart. Next time I visit NYC, I will definitely be Z’ing at the Z Hotel. If your travels take you to NYC I highly recommend the Z Hotel, they will not disappoint.

Room Tip: every room has a great view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked this for a night as a last-minute decision. Solid, comfortable room. The bar downstairs is nice, with a friendly-enough staff. I didn't realize it was set up like a motel, though, and this was rather disconcerting. It looked like a trendy boutique hotel, but is really more of a motel with a face lift. Good value, though, and the room definitely was comfortable. Just good to know what you're getting.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visited NYC for the first time and had initially booked a hotel near Times Square, but then saw Z mentioned in the April edition of Money. Decided to give Z a try and saved quite a bit and the view from our room was priceless, we slept with the shades open all night. The hourly shuttle to 59th and Lexington was perfect for subway access. Just make sure you are ready to go for the ride and pick up because if the shuttle is full you'll have to wait for the driver to return, take a cab (with $10 reimbursement) or catch the next shuttle. The restaurant was closed during our five day stay so cannot comment on the food/service. There is a good Indian restaurant within two blocks walking distance and a hole in the wall place to grab a quick breakfast bagel/coffee also nearby. The room was small but very comfortable for two and worked fine, housekeeping and staff was excellent! I would highly recommend this hotel if you want a great view at a bargain price, yet don't mind staying at a hotel that is away from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan, nestled in an industrial area. When I come back to NYC I'll definitely be staying at the Z Hotel again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Booked a 2 night stay as part of a whirlwind visit across the USA. Great location with excellent vistas of Manhattan's skyline. Professional helpful staff at front desk and restaurant/bar. Modern rooms with quality amenities. Comfortable bed, free wifi. Small space - but we weren't on our honeymoon! Free shuttles to Bloomingdales was fantastic, and catching a yellow cab back to the hotel late night was inexpensive. Kitchen was undergoing refurbishment - so cant comment on cuisine. Roof top bar was closed due to off season. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Planning another trip with lots of friends in October 2013. Cant wait. Thanks for a great stay. R Ellis.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for the best views of Manhattan's skyline.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We've picked Z hotel of our short 3 nights stopover in NY on our way to Cancun, mainly due to financial reasons - Manhattan prices are stupid, plus we didn't mind staying off the island.
Location of hotel id fine, but walks to the subway after 9 pm is somewhat of a scary experience, minibus transfer is a big help.
View from the room is fantastic over skyline. Room itself is fine, definitely on a small size, bed is barely a quenn size. Bathroom is fine, but there's no heater and can get chilly sometimes. Breaksfast was average.
In general we can recomend this hotel for travellers looking for a budget place to stay near Manhattan, without levelling down to 3 stars hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Z New York Hotel? Share your experiences!