“Convenient, spacious, and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Vetiver
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   29-11 39th Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Waterloo, Canada
“Convenient, spacious, and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel is a great bargain compared to staying in Manhattan. It is an easy ride on the subway (two stops) to get into Manhattan. The rooms are well appointed. They were very accommodating -- we had reserved a deluxe room that could sleep four, but when this turned out to not be available on arrival, they gave us two full rooms for the same price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

It was last minute and being from Virginia we wanted to find a place that was in a good neighborhood but close to the subway. The hotel had just that along with a parking garage around the street that we were able to park our vehicle for only $10 while we toured the City. Small room but meant for just 2 people, lol. The shower head was on point.

Room Tip: Th balcony gave us a great view of the city!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I went with a friend and when there were exttra rooms we were instantly upgraded to a beautiful suite. A ncie breakfast is included with each night and the staff was very friendly. The rooms felt big and open, compared to most hotels in NYC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

the location of the hotel is what it makes it great. very close to the 39th Ave subway station. you'll be in manhattan in less than 20 mins. train N, Q goes here from Central Park all the way to Lower Manhattan.

it has free wifi and a basic daily breakfast. service is great. staffs are all helpful.

we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: get a room that's facing the todd to get a view of manhattan.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Was here for 5 days in late June. Hotel was great for a good price. Way cheaper than Manhattan and it's only a 3min walk to the subway. Staff was very helpful and friendly when I was asking them questions. Can't beat the value for this hotel. Would highly recommend

• Stayed June 2014
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The staff, especially Chad (I am pretty sure was his name) was definitely exceptional. When I got there, after a 16 hour drive (the last hour, being lost and going back and forth between Manhattan and Queens), I parked in a spot on the street across from the hotel, and was told that I would have to drive around for an hour the following morning while they swept the street, but then I could get my free parking place back. I was scared to death of driving around NYC for an hour, after what I had just experienced on the roads. When we got up to our room, Chad, who must have seen the scared look on my face when he told me this, called and said there was a spot on their side of the road and if I parked there, I could leave my car for the duration of our 4 night stay. I ran to the elevator and when I got down there, he was holding the spot for me. He directed us into the spot and I was able to leave my car the entire time.

It worked out perfectly, because the hotel is just a couple blocks from the nearest subway station. For us, the location was perfect. Because it's not right in Manhattan, the prices aren't outrageous, but it's so close to the subway, that it's easy to get wherever you want to go. The view from our balcony on the 7th floor was great and the room looked nice.

Negatives: The room did not smell very good. I thought it had a chemical smell at first, but then my sister said it smelled like sweat and then I couldn't get that out of my head.

They did not give us new wash cloths on the first night, so we put them on the floor in the shower the 2nd night so that they would. However, they still did not give us new ones. I thought that was odd. We did see the cart in the hall on the 3rd day, and we just took some off, since the maid wasn't in sight to ask.

Other than that, our stay was very pleasant.

Room Tip: The views are nice on the high floors
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The location is very nice, near subway NQ, no matter where you want to go, Manhattan, Flushing, or Brooklyn, it is very convenient.

The shower water is too small, take a long time to wash my hair.

Because I stayed 17 nights, the housekeeper sometimes forgot to refill the shower gel or shampoo, you have to ask for.

Over all, it is good to stay when you come to visit NYC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Vetiver? Share your experiences!