“Nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Taipei, Taiwan
“Nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The location is very nice, near subway NQ, no matter where you want to go, Manhattan, Flushing, or Brooklyn, it is very convenient.

The shower water is too small, take a long time to wash my hair.

Because I stayed 17 nights, the housekeeper sometimes forgot to refill the shower gel or shampoo, you have to ask for.

Over all, it is good to stay when you come to visit NYC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have never been to NY City before, and were so happy with the choice we made. The room was very clean, spacious. We are on a budget, so for NY City it was a blessing. Being so close to the subway, but not noisy, was wonderful. We were on the bottom floor, so we had a view of a roof top, but that didn't matter. The mattress & pillows were very comfortable. The staff was just great to deal with, they were our first impression of NY City, how nice. Breakfast was your usual fair, but nice to have. One suggestion the tables were very short and hard to sit at.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Thought this was a good price for a family of four . I've read reviews regarding it was cramped etc - we found it perfect as all you do is sleep and shower in the room do ideal . it's ideal situation to the subway is great and you can get around from there on a metro card. we were given a room with a balcony and the view of Manhattan at night was stunning . breakfast was plentiful and gave us a good start to the day . all staff were very friendly . we'd like to make special mention for Chris on the front desk who was was a mind of information and couldn't do enough to make the stay a great experience. I've only given a four star as the bar/coffee area was still under construction and a nightcap before bed would have been nice( if I could give four and a half I would ! ) . all in all I'd recommend and we will be back

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We tried the Vetiver looking for an affordable overnight in NYC city, close to Manhattan. We got it. at about 208. after tax. The staff was all exceptionally helpful and friendly. The room was clean and attractive with the expected bathroom supplies, however no refrigerator or ice bucket was provided. The breakfast was a nice plus and there was good variety and ceramic- ware rather than paper cups/plates- were appreciated, There was an outside patio which was nice for a summer breakfast - but it had not been swept nor the tables cleaned for a couple of days...The only shocking part was the appearance of the area getting off the subway. I thought, " Oh no, this does not look like a safe area." It was not an attractive neighborhood at all - industrial with very little to recommend the street itself. A few blocks away, 36th Ave., we found a decent variety of restaurants and small shops. The neighborhood itself seems to have a very diverse population. Restaurants included: Venezuelan, Greek, Pizza, French Cafe, Thai, and a few others,
The next morning we walked across the 59th Street bridge to see the skyline and get into Manhattan without riding the subway. The walk was okay - and not a bad distance, but the view was obliterated by the roadway/train tracks etc. much of the way. Many people were biking across as well and we saw the Roosevelt Island Tram cars going back and forth to Manhattan - nothing like the Brooklyn Bridge walk (A cab across would have cost $ 25 the desk clerk said - subway N Q $2.50 /ow and VERY close to the hotel entrance.) FYI - there is a storage area for luggage at no extra cost. All in all - I would stay again, but only if I could not find something just as affordable in Manhattan. It was a more convenient location than staying in NJ, which we have also done before...and quite a short subway trip to Grand Central Station where we always arrive.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a view on the upper floors .
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for almost 2 years now and can't say anything other than provide great reviews. I travel often due to work and live in and out of hotels monthly. I always try to find that "home away from home" feel and when I came across this adorable little boutique I immediately fell in love.

The number one thing I look for when choosing hotels is the cleanliness, (doesn't everyone?)
The bed sheets, bathrooms, showers, and rugs are all up to par and if I am ever missing anything in my room, housekeeping takes seconds to provide me with it. Their customer service is impeccable. Very alert, helpful, accommodating and genuine.

The decor is very trendy with a touch of retro leading up to a chic finish. Super cute! The location is perfection, couldn't ask for an easier commute into the city! A 2 minute walk to the train station that takes less than 10 minutes to get into Manhattan.

The view from the pent house rooms on the top floor is beautiful and the perfect place to relax after a stressful day.

The complimentary breakfast is great to grab and go. They have a dining area where you can stay but if you're the typical NY traveler who is always running late in the morning like myself, then that's the spot to pick up before your day begins. It's yummy and free! :) ( who doesn't like free?)

The surrounding area is nice but very quiet. Do not expect that crazy, loud chaos, this is relaxing, soft and a great way to escape the madness of manhattan after being in it all day. It's an up and coming city building itself. They are creating more lounges, restaurants, and attractions but if you do enough research or just ask the front desk manager they will provide you with great restaurants to check out.

One restaurant you should visit is "blend on the water". It's a beautiful Latin cuisine eats, with a spectacular view, great vibe, awesome music, a gorgeous decor and a cab ride away!

The hospitality and employees are wonderful at Vetiver and I always love my nights there. I mean, when the staff refers to you by your first name every time you walk in, I think it's safe to say you're close to home.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hotel Vetiver has everything you could want/need an a hotel. I returned to the hotel for a week stay with my husband. I used the gym every day. Wonderful new clean machines. The free breakfast was delicious fresh juices and fruits. The best part was the amazing terrace that included the skyline view of manhattan. It was a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the sun. Another plus is the 6 min it takes to get to the heart of manhattan.

Highly recommend a relaxing stay at Hotel Vetiver.

Room Tip: ASK for a room with a terrace
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Vetiver? Share your experiences!