“My first trip to NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Phoenix, Arizona
“My first trip to NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was my first trip to NY. Great value for the money. Helpful and very friendly staff. Room was clean, comfortable and updated. The hotel was the perfect location to access the subway....less than 5 minutes away.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had a pretty large room (the largest one on the floor) with a small balcony (to get some fresh air, or to have a smoke if you smoke). Bed was very good (good mattress!) and a large, clean bathroom. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Subway is only one block away (about a minute to walk there) with direct train service to Manhattan, which will only take you about 10 minutes to get to 59th Street or about 30 minutes to reach downtown Manhattan). Staff arranged car service to the airport, so there’s literally nothing to worry about. Breakfast is good, although the seating furniture is a bit uncomfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel if you’re looking for excellent facilities at a reasonable price!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

TheVertiver is a nice boutique hotel in Queens. Situated near a subway station.
Go to 36th street and you will find several good restaurants.

Staff of hotel is friendly and helpfull.
Hotel is ina multicultural area

Room Tip: Chose one with Manhattan view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

It was in Queens region of new york city. It was easily connected to all touristic places. Times square was reachable in 20 min by subway (good for NY scale). It was clean and comfortable. The room was quite modern but the hotel itself was not fancy and dis nit have fancy lobby! I recommend a stay there!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I want to say that if it wasn't for the front desk lady Joanna, Brian who helped me with my luggage or anything I asked and housekeeping for keeping my room tidy I wouldn't return.
Joanna was so so very pleasant to me. During my stay (for a week) I was greeted and welcomed by Joanna and Brian..as if it was my first day visiting your hotel. Unfortunately the young lady who does the breakfast was not only rude and unfriendly but VERY SLOW with service.
I left about a $60.00 tip specifically for the 3 individuals (1.Joanna, 2. my housekeeper (I don't know their name) and 3. the houseman Brian for OUTSTANDING customer service!
Also your hotel was very pleasing to the eye. Very clean and neat. I will reconsider my stay with you because of the great individuals who helped my stay more welcoming.

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We did a round-trip of the East Coast and started off with a hotel near Times Square and booked Hotel Vetiver for our last night before leaving the country. Based on the price I paid, and the fact that breakfast was included in the price, I wasn't expecting too much and I was pleasantly surprised!

The hotel is very close to the subway station which has frequent trains into Manhattan (6 stops to Times Square). Three blocks further, you can also get the E train to JFK, so it's very convenient.

The hotel itself is stylish and modern, our room was clean and the bed was massive. We were upgraded from a studio, which we booked to a bigger room and it was very spacious!! (I'm assuming that the shorter your stay, the more likely they are to upgrade you if there's free rooms as I doubt that there is any walk-up business).

Also, the dining and drinking options in the area, whilst a bit more limited than downtown, is cheaper and actually makes choosing a bit easier. (If using the Tripadvisor app specific for NYC, many places in the area are not listed there, so don't think there is nothing!).

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view when booking (we didn't have one, but it didn't matter).
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

3 sisters from Belfast came here to stay because it was more affordable than manhattan hotel prices on offer. The beds were comfortable the continental breakfast great to set you up for the day and staff lovely. 3 minute dander to the subway to get to Times Square and a further 5 minutes to a different subway line to see different parts of Manhattan. We flew in to Newark and travelled to the hotel by train and subway which was doable to cut costs, with heavier luggage though it may prove difficult for some but a train ticket at $12.50 and then we bought a subway ticket for the week at $31 you can't beat it, we did opt for a courtesy car via the hotel for the journey home as our baggage had got heavier with the shopping! This cost us each $30. The hotel has a lovely restaurant/bar next door called The Dutch Centrall - great for happy hour drinks and food also good if you need a break from Manhattan but we never did it was good for a drink before bed or an early lunch before hitting the city. We had a fabulous 7 nights at this affordable, comfortable hotel and recommend it with pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Vetiver? Share your experiences!