“Very Good but did not get booked room and charged twice.” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   29-11 39th Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Very Good but did not get booked room and charged twice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel was very well located for the subway into manhattan 15-20 mins will get you where you need to be. Hotel itself was very clean and well kept, However having booked a balcony room we were given a room with no balcony with the proviso we could move 1 or 2 days later when one came available. We declined as we did not want this hassle. Then when we returned to the Uk the hotel had charged us another 1000+ dollars which was promptly refunded- Good Customer service, Overall hotel was excellent and I would recommend it, However we felt slightly let down we did nto get the room we requested.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Lanham, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My Stay at the Vetiver was one of pleasure. The staff was cordial and always had answers to my questions. The area around the hotel may look unsafe but it isn't. Just a minute form the Metro station. Breakfast is nice, not to much selection, but nice, coffee was great though. Room was good the view from the balcony is awesome too. When i got in the bathroom handle was kind of broken, no biggie, i went out and when i came back they had fixed it! and i didnt even said anything at the front desk! I highly recommend the Vetiver and i would most definitely come back and stay with them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel location is excellent, just 2 mins distance from subway..

Hotel rooms are clean and spacious.. The service is perfect..

Most important the staff is v cordial and friendly.

I had an issue with the agency through which I had booked the room, the manager at Vetiver personally took care of the issue with the agency and helped saved my money!

I would love to stay over again here, when in NY!

• Stayed July 2013
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for an excellent review!

We are sincerely grateful for time you have taken to give us some feedback about your experience. I am delighted that you found your room to be comfortable and spacious as well as conveniently located to the metro station.

I am also happy to hear that our team made it a matter of importance to make sure that your issues were resolved!

We look forward to having you again soon! Thank you again for your time.

Tromso, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay very much. The room was very nice with a splendid view and morning sun. The area around the hotel is not too pleasant but it is safe. Importantly, it only takes a few minutes to get to Manhattan. The station is a quick walk away. There are nice restaurants and cafes if you take the subway the other direction further into Astoria. The breakfast wasn't that good but the coffee was great. In sum an excellent experience. I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
On behalf of the entire Hotel Vetiver staff, thank you for an excellent review!

We cannot express how truly delighted we are to see that you enjoyed our property! I am glad that you took notice of the view from your room. Our neighborhood is still being developed, it is by all means safe, however we are anticipating the arrival of new restaurants and shops on our street. I am glad that you also mentioned the stores just a few blocks further into Astoria, which boasts some cultural cuisine hot spots as well as some excellent free museums. I am also glad that you mentioned our complimentary continental breakfast. It is a favorite among our guests who want to grab a bite to eat conveniently before they get their day started.

I thank you again for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor and we hope that you may come back again to visit us!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The location of the hotel is perfect. Easy access into the city and queens. Extremely clean and excellent decor. The services were out of this world. The guest services were super attentive and very knowledgeable of restaurants and venues to visit. If you're traveling to New York and need a great place to stay, i highly recommend Hotel Vetiver! Do not forget to visit the cafe - if you're in New York, you must have a New York bagel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank for reviewing Hotel Vetiver on TripAdvisor,

I am pleased to know that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location just one block from the subway into Manhattan. I am also delighted to know that our front desk agents were able to give you some insight on restaurants and sight seeing. Many guests stay with us with the intentions of being conveniently located to the subways so they may explore the city with ease. I am glad that your were able to take advantage of some insider tips! I love the suggestion about being sure to pick up a New York bagel.

We look forward to having you here again.

Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is clean and in a great location close to a train station. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great - the bagels were fresh and the coffee was excellent. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We loved our room with a balcony - chairs on the balcony would have been terrific!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Full disclosure: I used to live in Astoria, Queens. So location was no issue for me and it shouldn't be for you, either. Why? Because someone will roll their eyes when you say you're staying in Queens and then you can laugh as you have a much faster trip into Manhattan than from Brooklyn. Seriously, the train is a block and a half away. You are two stops from Midtown Manhattan.

To that end, this is a great spot to make home base. Easy to get just about everywhere. If you are looking to go out on the town in Manhattan, the only downside is that you will likely choose to take a cab home rather than wait for the subway late at night (but you were going to take a cab anyway...)

The room was great in terms of comfort. Lots of storage, which is unusual for any hotel room. there was a small kitchenette in my room and that gives you the option of keep some food for lunch or something to save some money. The hotel's free breakfast was fine. Cereal, breads and pastries. Better than a lot of breakfasts offered in European hotels. If you just cannot bear not having a hot breakfast, the Neptune Diner is at the Astoria Blvd. subway stop 5 mins away and is outstanding. And cheap.

You would do well to explore Astoria for food one day... lots of good restaurants. 30th Ave and Broadway are good places to start.

Downsides to the hotel: wifi was slow and my VPN would not connect, which wasn't ideal. The curtains in the room do not darken the room all the much once the sun is up, so if you need darkness, plan accordingly. There was very little after hours noise on my floor during my stay, but I could absolutely hear families in the hallway in the morning. This is mainly because of the layout of the building and isn't really something that can be fixed.

All in all, this is a good choice. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor with south facing room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Vetiver? Share your experiences!